Do you get treated differently when wearing apple watch as opposed to a traditional watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lyutin, Apr 17, 2018.

1. lyutin macrumors regular

2. charlyee macrumors 6502

charlyee

3. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

I'm not sure why you would? The only difference I've ever noticed is people asking "Do you like your watch?" who are curious about the Apple Watch but don't have one themselves. But I haven't been asked that in a long time now, I think they're becoming much more commonplace.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I do not think most even notice my AW. Maybe a few comments when they were first introduced but no comments in a long time.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I can’t think of a reason why anyone would be.

6. charlyee macrumors 6502

charlyee

I didn’t wear a watch for the longest time, so initially people mostly commented on the fact that I was now wearing a watch.

7. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

Everyone has one now, we're not special

Back when I had the watch on release or I wore my Moto 360 I would get questions, but nobody got on their knees for me back then and they certainly don't now lol

8. TC_GoldRush macrumors 6502

TC_GoldRush

I do ask people how they like their watches. However I don't treat them any different.

9. iKevinT macrumors member

Every time I use it for Apple Pay. Even the sales people at Best Buy act surprised.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No. It’s just a smart watch. Almost 60% of the individuals I work around or in general public, have a smart watch in some form or another. They are so common now. When the Apple Watch First launched, it was noticed more often.

I’m actually more attracted to seeing what type of mechanical watch someone is wearing or if it’s an older style Swiss watch. To me, I find that more appealing.

11. gtg465x macrumors 6502

gtg465x

I dunno man, I had people practically on their knees when I wore the original Moto 360 with brown leather strap. I got so many compliments and questions about it. I'm not sure I've ever gotten the same response to my Apple Watch, which is Space Black Stainless, so one of the higher end looking ones.

12. Ffosse macrumors 68000

I get a few comments on my Tag Heuer Monaco, the Apple Watch? Not at all. Even though I'm wearing it on my right wrist at the same time.

[​IMG]

13. bluespark macrumors 68000

That's the only thing that gets a reaction to mine -- when I use Apple Pay, cab drivers seem to think I am a sorcerer.

14. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

When people see i have an Apple Watch, especially the S3 edition, I get treated like a short bald white guy. I much prefer the way I was treated when I wore a regular watch and had a full head of hair, yes i was still white then.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

16. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

The bus driver makes me sit at the back of the bus and makes me stand up for minorities.

17. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Not that I notice. People that I run with are neither snobs nor necessarily techies...

18. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Before the AW, I had one or two people compliment the $1200 Rado watch I used to wear (it was a beauty I would say.) Now I have the gold AW S1 ($219 sale at Target), with a black leather band with yellow stitching (~ $17 on amazon), I love the combo, and I've had about 10 other AW users compliment me on it.

19. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

On very rare occasions people ask me if I like my Apple Watch. I get more comments like, "Wow that's so cool," when I use Apple Pay with the watch.

20. Endorphine88 macrumors 6502

Endorphine88

Other than the occasional exclamation at a random store when I use the watch to pay for something - NO

21. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

The only people who ever say anything are other Apple Watch wearers. Or, yeah, when I perform Apple Pay sorcery.

22. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I get the same. And that wearing the watch makes me look like Brad Pitt. :D

23. justiny Contributor

justiny

This is so true, some people lose their minds when they see Apple Pay on the watch in operation.

Then they all chant “¡El Jefe!” as I walk out of the store carrying my case of beer.

24. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

I haven't had the respected comments I had with a company issued leaving Guess watch a few years ago.
    Only 1 or 2 comments for tech appreciation of Apple se 1 watch if watch rings with a call whilst working.

25. satchmo macrumors 68000

Surely this depends on the places you frequent.
    If you're at a posh country club, you might get better service with a Rolex than an aluminum AW with sport band. :)
    Then again, if you're a celeb, you can wear a Timex and still get service.