Do you go to any other Forums?

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Do you go to any other Forums or is MacRumors the only one? It doesn't have to be about Mac or computers. MacRumors will always be my favorite. :)
I go to a new site called Mac4iPod, it new (I'm a Mod there). :)

~Just courious.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
You mean... there are other forums out there? :eek:

I have a peek at quite a few as the mood takes me but the main ones are the forums over at MacNN (mainly the PowerMac and GUI boards), Snopes and Fortean Times – the latter two more than satisfying my required daily fix of weird stuff.

However, MacRumors is the only forum I'm actually signed up to. :)

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
The forum I frequented before Macrumors (and have over 3,000 posts) was Gone Gold. But that site went to site heaven in October of last year. Now the only forum I really post in is here, but I also occasionally lurk and post at www.consolegold.com (a sister site to the late Gone Gold... :( )

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its mainly just macrumors for me, i like and enjoy all of the topics here and we have a wide variety of members and ideas so i guess i will just stick with this place, plus its awesome!

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Macnn, Applelinks and AppleDiscussions are the others. I have more time (and posts) in at AppleDiscussions and continue to contribute, but have warmed to MR since coming aboard recently for two basic reasons: (1) The regulars and community here have not only shown they're knowledgeable, proficient and good to go on anything, technical, but (2) they also have a sense of humor and a "what box?" kind of free spirit which comes out in their creative and articulate postings.
X
P.S. I'm not suggesting we now hold hands and sing Cumbaya or anything. Just an observation.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Why aren't the Appleinsider and ThinkSecret forums as popular as MacRumors? You'd think ThinkSecret would be popularest since they are usually the first to get the inside scoop, but no... there forums are 1/10th as busy as this forum. Why?

btw, I visit Slashdot, 2-Pop, DVINFO.net, homerecording.com, Creative Cow, Ars Technica, Revscene.net, Consumption Junction, and Lucid dream.

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
MacRumors ALL the way!........

.... I use to do "YourMacLife" Forums from time to time and although there are some nice people, there are also a bunch of pretentious know it all's. They would rather attack you for your lack of knowledge on a subject then help you. I think they are missing the whole point of Forums.

ON the other hand, most of the people on MacRumors Forums are the BEST! Patient and HELPFUL!

~e

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
www.vjcentral.com

It is a comunity for Video Jockeys (those dude that play th visuals in teh rave parties). Most of them uses Macs athe there are several softwares that regular Mac users does not know to play, punch and manipulate video in real time with the Macs, very fun stuff.

wwooden

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
This is the only forum I post in, but I do go to other Mac rumors sites. Not really sure why I only go to this forum, guess I am just used to the way things are set up. I have also gotten used to a lot of the member names and enjoy reading everyones entries.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I can't believe how many cheaters we have!! :eek: :p

It's only MR for me, I haven't got the time or inclination to join any other forum! MR was my first and still my only! :p :)