Do you guys leave icons indivial or in folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 30, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

Do you guys leave all your apps lose where they are on like 5 pages or do you put them in folders

2. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

3. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Actually, i personally hate folders. I find ios beautiful, but not when little black boxes are on the screen but that is just me haha

4. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I make folders because I've got too much apps and the only way for me to easily find them (without spotlight) is to make folders. Only my 1st page is folderless. My 2nd and last page has only folders.

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I have multiple home screens. The main one has what I use the most. The next two or three have things I use a lot, but not every day. After that, I grouped my (100+) apps in folders and arranged the folders by priority. I only use the top two (sometimes three) rows at the top of the screen so I can see my wallpaper. Works well.

6. jester0723 macrumors regular

I have a couple folders for tools and other apps that I don't use as often/don't want people to touch when they're just playing with my phone.

7. Mliii, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

My most used apps, individually.
    Everything else, Folders.
    Quick, easy organization and related apps all in the same location.
    But I only have 4 icons (whether folders or otherwise) per page. I like the clean look of this and don't mind having to go from page to page. Just my personal preference.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I don't bother with folders until I can jailbreak and, install FolderEnhancer and Folder Icons.

9. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I use folders to try and keep everything I use a lot on one page. Everything I don't wish to use or only have a use for maybe a once or twice a month goes on page two.

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I do keep a few folders, and that numbers gone down with the iPhone 5. The best part about it is having that extra space in the folders!

11. minik macrumors 65816

Folders in alphabetical order and make it a total of 2 pages.

12. GabooN macrumors regular

My first few pages are all icons, with maybe the odd folder (not on first page) of things I still use all the time but can be grouped together (ebay, paypal etc).

The rest of the pages are in folders like stock apps I don't use, various types of games in separate folders, utilities etc...

I love how the spotlight search now indicates what folder a result is in, so that you know. Sometimes they get lost in the folders without search.

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

iPhone or S3, I like my icons in folders. I usually have at least 3-4.

I have my iPhone/Se set up where the folders are all in second page/window so my home page is free. I like my wallpaper.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I group certain apps in folders such as utilities, productivity, directory, entertainment, travel, etc. but leave the frequently used apps individually on the home screen. Too much of a hassle to have to open a folder first then the app for those frequently used apps.

15. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I have over 100 games alone, maybe 200 apps total (... simply an app hoarder... probably only use about 5 of them daily). I'm a folder fiend!

Definitely miss the jailbroken days when I could put all my games into one folder and not have like 8 folders for them :(

16. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I keep all of my games in a folder and most of the stock iPhone apps are in a folder. My most used apps are individual.

17. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Mixed :)

But it tends to look crappy with having it mixed. For the look Id like to have it either way.

All in folders or all seperated.

For a more classic look , as we didnt have folders in the first iPhones, individually is the way to go.

18. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

19. GenderFi macrumors regular

I use folder's. It keeps things organized for me and honestly I would rather click than swipe multiple screens of icons. Less clutter that way. But this is just personal preference.

20. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I have almost 200 apps so I use mostly folders but I only have one home page. The only apps not in a folder are Calendar, newsstand, phone, settings and of course Mac Rumors!!:D Although I kind of like the idea another user had of making the first page individual apps and then the second page all folders so I may try that.:cool:

21. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I hate folders....isn't that the idea behind the open app drawer, to not have to go through different menus? The only thing I put into folders are apps that I cannot remove and never use. My "utilities" folder contains: clock, calc, compass, voice memos, game center, itunes, nike, stocks, music, videos, notes, and weather (notes and weather are only in there b.c I never need the app to access them)

23. Kelly682 macrumors regular

I use a mix between both. First screen only first 3 rows are used (the apps I use on a daily basis), individual icons except for my Navigation folder. I rather have my maps/waze/google maps apps available for easy access. Second page, all folders except for Newsstand. I like to be organized. :)

24. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted

We out folders in your folders so you can organize while you organiz.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Everything is in folders. I wish we could have more apps in a folder though.