Do you guys think Apple will...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StuddedLeather, May 17, 2012.

1. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

When I jail-broke (broken?) my phone it was a nice experience, I'll admit. I wanted to see what it felt like on the other side of the fence in a way. One of my main reasons for the jailbreak was to see how much I could customize and tweak my phone and another reason was because I DESPISED the old notifications.

Now fast forward to now (my phone is not jailbroken) and I like the notifications but I still miss being able to switch between themes I downloaded (I believe they were called themes).

My question for discussion is do you guys think Apple will ever create a Theme Store, or add a section for themes for our iPhones so we don't have to jailbreak? Why do you think Apple hasn't done this yet? Just a few questions I had, I'm not dissatisfied with the phone, just want to know some of your perspectives.

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have no desire to speculate. It's a total waste of time.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I doubt they will. Not anytime soon at least. There's isn't even a theme store on Android or any other mobile OS that I'm aware of. Why don't you jailbreak and just use themes? You don't have to jailbreak and install every tweak in Cydia.

And a post like that wasn't? :p

4. StuddedLeather thread starter macrumors 6502a

To be honest It felt like a lot of upkeep. Sometimes my screen would lag, restarting after every little change, etc. I'm probably just making up excuses and the main reason I did jailbreak was because of the notifications. Once Apple announced the current system I didn't feel the need to jailbreak the 4S as much.

I know there aren't 'official' theme stores yet but I figured maybe Apple could start that, sort of like how they started the App Store fad. Buying or downloading themes (through their store) would then ensure Apple they can approve the themes before release. Making it the best of both worlds for all.

My thoughts exactly.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen.

When were you last jailbroken? Sure it has it's flaws but overall I love being jailbroken over stock. I only started with my 4S. You could always backup, jailbreak and give it a try and if you find it is causing you too much trouble then just restore. (sorry if this is off topic. I just want you to have what you want now instead of waiting for Apple :p)

6. StuddedLeather thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was a little over a year ago. I remember probably last March/April because it was before WWDC in June. So don't stone me if a lot of bugs have been worked out! It's not off topic at all, I'm thinking about going back too, just want Apple to make some of it official lol. But I don't think I can wait until October with just stock. We'll see if Apple hints at more customization in iOS 6 in a few weeks!

7. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Forget the theme store, i would prefer Apple to add a gatekeeper control first like in mountain lion so that we can load up our software on the phone if we want to. And release an IDE for windows (what a dream eh).

That would solve my issues with iOS.

8. chokem macrumors 6502

I've jail broken every iPhone I've had, 3Gs, i4 and my 4S. Also my ipad1. This JB on my 4S is the cleanest, smoothest jailbreak I've had. I've had zero problems with it.

9. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Poor forum ediquette, OP

Please include your entire question in the thread title.

10. nostresshere, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

nostresshere macrumors 68030

Agree. Totally.

Why is this so hard for some people to figure out?

Of course, there are worse ones, like:

Iphone
    Question
    Can you help me
    Apple
    Phone question