Do you guys think its possible to bribe a jury in this day and age?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Looon, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Like how much do you think something like that would cost? Do you think an average middle class American could get away with bribing a jury or do you think a only the rich can get away with something like this? Or do you think no one at all can do it?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

kind of random question, did you do something you're wanting to bribe a jury to get out of? I'm sure it's possible, but there's not really a set price for that kind of thing. I'm sure you'd have to be rich and have a lot of connections.

3. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

wasn't there a john grisham book about this...?

i guess anything is possible. i believe it is possible.

haven't thought about the details yet, but it is possible.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

of course you don't have to bribe the whole jury......you only need to get one juror to refuse to convict you of a crime

5. Looon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looon

Yeah but wouldn't there be another trial. You would have to keep bribing them forever it seems like that is just a temporary solution

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

they never go on forever.....maybe a second or even a third trial, but never forever

7. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's happened before and it will happen again.

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Can't the judge accept less than unanimous in the US?

Here they try for everyone but if they can't get it the judge is allowed to ask for a lower number. I expect it depends on the crime but it happened in a trial I sat in on. The judge wanted 10 but they couldn't get it.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

No, which is why America can't convict anyone for anything anymore. OJ, Casey Anthony, yadda yadda. The list of so obviously guilty people who get off goes on.

All it takes is one soft/stupid dumbass in the jury to go "OH I DONT KNOOOOOW" and murderers walk.

Nobody NEEDS to bribe a jury anymore.