Do you guys think the new iPhone will have an even better camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appler8, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

what are the chances the new iPhone will have something along the lines of a 10 or 12 megapixel camera?

2. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Increasing megapixels does not increase quality. In fact, I would say that increasing megapixels alone, actually decreases quality. The sensor is too small, I was actually hoping the 4S would stay 5 megapixels :p

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I think chances are 100%.

I'd rather see the current perfected and take faster pictures. I see MP going up though

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I'd rather have the same camera that is faster and has a better HDR mode. When are they going to unlock the panoramic mode in the current camera? I've been hearing about this for months now.

Also, a burst mode would be nice, even if it was only 3 photos it would make capturing those quick moments (i.e. fireworks) a lot easier.

5. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I think they keep it at eight megapixels, but redo the optical system again.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I think they might do minor improvements to the camera, but they probably won't overhaul it again. They can get at least another year out of its current performance.

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Wirelessly posted

This.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm sure it'll have a better camera, but I don't think they'll necessarily increase the MPs.

9. chrismarle macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4S currently has the best smartphone camera. They are probably just going to make it faster with larger lens to get the most of the light.

10. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm positive they will improve the camera in one way or another. The camera has become a major selling point for the iPhone. I bought a medium priced cannon a year ago and my 4s takes consistently better photos under most scenarios. As the processor and other specs increase they will have more wiggle room for a faster shutter as well.

I'd bet actual money on the camera getting some nice upgrades.