Do you have high expectations for the Haswell Retina Macbook Pro unveil tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Starfyre, Oct 21, 2013.

?

How do you feel about Apple's unveiling of the new Retina Macbook Pro will be?

1. Apple will overwhelm us with a few surprises up their sleeve! (Im expecting to be WOWed)

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Apple will meet our basic expectations, maybe one other thing. (Im not expecting any surprises.)

42 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Apple is going to underwhelm us with the bare minimum. (I expect to be disappointed)

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. I don't expect Apple to announce the Retina Macbook Pro tomorrow. Silent update maybe?

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Starfyre, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Hooray! We are less than 24 hours until the main iPad-focused with a side of Mavericks and "much more to cover". With all the buzz around, how are you feeling? Are you expecting Apple to WOW us with an amazing machine with a few new surprises? Or do you feel Apple is gonna make a minimal showing with literally, just Haswell+Mavericks?

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

There's no question that it's going to be a minimal showing. This is not a major update. But I'm going to be overwhelmed simply because I've waited forever, and because in my view it offers big upgrades over what is out now.

But I am wondering how much battery life we will get. I am expecting 9-10 hours, but I will be wowed if it's 11-12.

3. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Not at all...main focus will be iPad because it's a complete redesign, they'll cover the MacBook quickly but I think they'll spend most of the time on the iPad

4. 2IS macrumors 68030

I'm expecting to be underwhelmed. I don't think the rMBP is going to be anything more than haswell upgrade, which i'm ok with since I'm on a 2010 C2D MBA

The iPad will be underwhelming too. They'll go on about how awesome they are for being able to build a thinner, lighter ipad. Then they'll stroke their own ego a bit more by talking about it some more, all in hopes the general public will forget that the new ipad doesn't actually do anything more than an iPad 2

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

For an asinine 1.5 year wait this is shaping up to be the most bogus update to the mbp ever.

Haswell, PCIe SSDs, and ac wireless? If that's all we get for a 1.5 year wait it will be pathetic, and i say that as someone who usually has terribly low standards for updates and gets a kick out of when people get upset after updates. That would be lame even for what used to be already too long eight month waits between refreshes.

6. bbapps macrumors regular

Tough to choose between the "base expectations" and "bare minimum". Given Haswell, 802.11ac, PCIe has already been introduced in the MBA back in June and iMac in September, all great additions, but already seems like old news. I'm in need of a new computer, so I'll jump, hoping the surprise is the price.

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Apple will wow us. They always do. Seriously people, when was the last time Apple truly disappointed you? I genuinely can't remember a time where Apple did anything less than wow me at an event. The new MacBook Pros will be the most incredible laptops ever made and demand will be unimaginable.

8. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Haswell, Iris Pro, PCIe SSDs, 802.11ac likely. Thunderbolt 2 if we're lucky. 4K retina screen a long shot, but possible. Chassis redesign an even longer shot, but hey, you never know.

9. tankbig macrumors newbie

I am very disappointed about iphone5s

10. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I'm hoping for discreet graphics on the 13.... plus the thinner chassis. I need a smaller machine because I travel a week per month. I'll have external monitors at my home office, and my remote office so I want something as small and light as possible for the trip in between. I'd go with the air, but I do a lot of virtualization and the additional ram of the mbp is nice... Honestly I'd go with an air if it was a retina display. Although the current Air display is okay, I have a hard time shelling out the green backs for "last years" technology.

11. Serban Suspended

so that means very disappointed about iphone 5 aswell

12. tmiw macrumors 68000

It's probably not worth upgrading unless your current MBP is at least a few years old. That's always been true of Apple products, though.

13. Serban Suspended

14. aiom macrumors member

yeah, we longed for a iphone haswell :eek:

15. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

You, my friend, are easily wowed.

16. simongreen macrumors newbie

Honestly I would have been happy with their current rMBP, but I refuse to buy something that will be outdated so soon and so regardless of how big an update I will be happy and I will purchase! :)

17. puma1552 macrumors 601

Wife is getting one either way since she is without a computer and has been stealing my 2010 MBP for the last year, so I'm a bit disappointed that this just happens to be the refresh I am set to finally buy and after such a long wait it's turning out to be one of the most minor in the history of the MBP.

18. El Salvador macrumors member

I expect a little bit more than just the basic updates, like Haswell, WiFi AC and PCIe SSD which they could've applied to the rMBP 4 months ago together with the updated Airs...
    Besides I don't think that adding an HD front cam would take that much time either, hence there must have been another reason why they are waiting 4 extra months before updating the MBP line.

19. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I doubt we will get a new rMBP since there are no leaks on SKU's by now.....hope I'm wrong

20. 2IS macrumors 68030

Spoken like a true Apple enthusiast. The last time Apple disappointed me was a few minutes ago, before that it was the 5S.