Do you have to have an iPod Nano to use the Nike running thing?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Pathfinder55, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I looked on the apple website about the iPod+ Nike running/workout thing, and I was wondering if you had to have an iPod Nano to use it.

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

On the plus side, it works with all 3 generations of the nano. So you may be able to find a bargain on an older one.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

iPod nano

It's pretty cool, too. I bought a 2g, two gig nano specifically for use while running with the Nike+iPod.

Very handy.

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I just bought one and started using it yesterday. I absolutely love this thing.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

if only there were a way to have one of these things that worked with the shuffle (so much nicer for running!). There wouldn't be any visuals, obviously, but I don't need that when running anyway. The audio feedback would be plenty!

6. Mac In School macrumors 65816

It would be sooooo limited, that it probably wouldn't be worth the time. You'd basically be looking at a speaking pedometer.

How would you...

- Choose a type of workout (distance, calories, time, etc.)

- Choose a duration (5k, 10k, etc.)?

- Set it to tell it to measure in KM's or miles?

- Calibrate it?

- Attach it to the sensor?

- Enter your weight?

- Choose between male/female voice?

A version of Nike + for the Shuffle would be so incredibly watered down that they'd probably end up looking bad for releasing such a cheesy product, compared to what they have with the Nano.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I agree about the shuffle, but maybe they could throw a screen on the + part with all that information. But that would probably drive up the price.

Also, I run with a shuffle clipped to my shirt, I would think anything else attached would make it awkward without an arm band.