Do you have warranty on your USB cable that came with the iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fishmoose, May 28, 2009.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Hi!

My USB cable broke at the bottom (se pic) and i haven't done anything special with it, I don't roll it around something else etc.

Can i get it replaced? I know it's not a big deal since you can use an old iPod cable, but I'm still under warranty and I would like to have things under warranty replaced if I can.

So to sum it up, is the cable under warranty or is it just a throw away.

P.S sorry of the pic is bad took it with my iPhone ;)

Attached Files:

2. M3NACING macrumors newbie

I had the same exact problem with my usb cable. Since it was still under warranty, I called the 800# for Apple and they sent me a replacement. You'll need to send back the defective cable once you receive the new one.

You can also go to an Apple store near you and do the exchange.

3. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Okay cool, we only have Apple premium resellers in Sweden but that should do right?

4. Almy macrumors 6502

I had the same problem, on both ends. I called apple care and they gave me a service number to get it replaced at an Apple Store. They did it without question. But my replacement started doing the exact same thing :/. About to call them again.

5. sonny216 macrumors newbie

I have gotten about 2 USB cables replaced from the Apple Store without a question. I also need to get the one I have now replaced because the same thing has happened to me again, but every time has been at the side that plugs into the iPhone. I have also had my iPhone headphones replaced because the clicker on the headphones stopped working.

6. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

I will go to my local carrier store today, we don't have Apple stores here in Sweden, but I guess that my carrier will replace it (I bought the phone at that store)

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

man that sucks, i went two weeks ago and they didn't replace my cable

8. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

I had better luck, I just got it replaced, but they sent it to Apple and they will text me when the new one comes.
    But if they find I causet it I will have to pay for the new one as I understood it.

But if you don't want to buy a new one you can use an old iPod cable if you want.

9. theHunter macrumors newbie

Took my wife's into apple store yesterday in San Antonio, they replaced it with a new one out of box no questions asked