Do you iPad 3 owners feel like you have lost 500$ or more?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sensamic, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

In certain way I would, but just only for the A6X. I dont care much about the lightning port and such, but if I had bought the iPad 3 (which costs a LOT, almost like a windows laptop or mac mini if you get the bigger storage models) I would feel like I just threw 500$ to the rubbish.

The A6X will bring a noticeable difference, specially in the future iOS 7 and 8 updates.

Ipads are not cheap by any means. 500$ is the cheapest one. Imagine someone who bought the 32GB WIFI + LTE or the 64GB. That feeling would just be terrible.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, it would be terrible to be them since their iPad 3s now are just 1.5 lb paperweights. They won't charge, turn on, run the same apps as yesterday. It is a total catastrophe!

Call the BBB, call your Congressman or Senator and ask for a Congressional investigation, call the Navy.:eek:

3. seajewel macrumors 6502

Or, just sell the damn thing and don't lose $500. I mean, it still works ffs. Throwing 500$ to the rubbish is a bit of an over-reaction isn't it? if you feel that way you should toss that new iPad in the trash I guess

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Cant say I am bothered as I sold two of my iPad 3's but kept mine. The processor, graphics I could not care less for. I use my iPad to browse the web and use for music and recipes in the kitchen and email and face time. I will simply order two new ones to replace the ones sold for the wife and daughter and order the youngest a mini.
    I normally update all my I.T on a yearly basis machine so in no hurry yet for myself.

5. ixbilalxi macrumors newbie

I'm not sure the navy would have enough ships to send what with us having less than we did in 1902 or whatever.

6. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I bought an iPad3 the day it came out (64GB + LTE). I use it everyday at work and at home. I'm glad Apple updated it but I will be using my same iPad 3 until it dies. No regrets and no tears.

7. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I bought the high end model, with Applecare, so I'm "stuck" for at least another 18 months. And if Apple goes to a fall cycle, 2 years.

Have to expect newer versions to come out. It is just a little surprising for it to be 7 months.

8. seajewel macrumors 6502

I've heard applecare can be refunded pro-rated if you sell, or you can sell for more with it transferred.

9. Jacoblee23 macrumors 65816

It can. They did this for me on my Iphone 4s, when I got the Iphone 5. It does take a couple of weeks though.

10. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I got my 32GB wifi iPad the day it came out and didn't think twice about ignoring the new iPads. I really like the size of the mini but not enough to dump what I have now.

11. kevink2 macrumors 65816

The only performance issue I've ever noticed with my iPad is in some magazine apps. Where the screen drawing wasn't as smooth as I remembered on the older models. Displaying blocks at a time.

If I was planning on buying models more frequently, I wouldn't have over purchased. I don't need 64GB at this time, but I figured by the time 2 years had passed, I may.

12. irDigital0l Guest

My iPad 1 still works great....

People that buy new iPads every year and now are crying need to shut up. They have no good reason why they should be upset, already have a great tablet.

13. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Not at all. I got my iPad [3] on launch day and seeing the new A6, improved FaceTime camera and new dock connector isn't enough for me to feel robbed. I don't need any of those things per se. I'm happy with what I have and it should carry me through for at least another 1-2 years, if not longer.

14. Rodster macrumors 68040

No I don't feel like I lost $500 since i've had my iPad 3 since launch. What I do know is i'll never buy a newly released iDevice ever again. I'll wait 6-7 months for a cycle refresh. :)

15. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

it's still worth 80%-90% on eBay (used)

this is ridiculous

16. amazonpam macrumors member

No regrets

I always assume when I buy an electronic gadget that as I'm walking out the door with my purchase, a better faster model is coming in the back. My iPad3 works as well today as it did yesterday, so I remain satisfied.
    I'll probably get a new ipad when my partner's hand me down original iPad dies and psss my 3 on and get whatever the latest model is.

17. waa1futs macrumors 6502

What are iPad 3 owners really pissed about anyways? Just these 3 features right?

A6x chip
    Lightning
    Facetime HD

Thats it right?

Or is it mainly the fact that their iPad isn't the newest generation anymore?

18. OneBigFatNinja macrumors member

Exactly this. I don't feel iPad 3 owners think the upgrade is worth 'trading up' to the 4th Gen. I have a pretty new iPhone 4S and a good dock that I use my old 2009 iPod and 4S on. I do not need a lightning port and don't feel my iPad 3 is redundant.. $500 six months ago. No chance will I be changing.

The iPad 4th gen is a good product for first time buyers or iPad 1 owners in my opinion.

iPad mini... Yuk no thanks! Poor showing for the price they are charging I feel.

19. TRMC13 macrumors member

No, only the Avengers can truly avenge the savagery of today's actions!

20. kingestkong macrumors newbie

I don't feel robbed but I am slightly disappointed six months later its already being replaced.

21. fupresti macrumors regular

Would I love to be able to charge my iPhone and iPad with the same connector, yes. Will I lose sleep over it, no. In fact, this change helped me find a great deal on a 3rd Gen Wi-Fi for only 379.00 when I was planning to drop 399.00 on an iPad 2.

22. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

i feel like my iPad1 WiFi 16GB has just lost all value now.

23. sectime macrumors 6502a

Actually I saved $100 with today's release. I am buying a refurb iPad 3 from Apple and they dropped another $100 today :D

24. JSalig macrumors 6502

Anyone who upgrades or plans to upgrade an idevice every time a new version comes out is going to get bitten in the ass at some point. It's inevitable.

I think people are more pissed off at having been caught so completely by surprise. There were rumors but they weren't take seriously.

25. Markdek macrumors member

I think that is a mistake (my opinon); clearly, Apple themselves feel that the iPad 3 was a mistake/lemon/poor design. The early update, and the pricing of referbs below a new iPad 2 support this contention.

Look, Apple have now stepped up and fixed the iPad 3, w/ the iPad 4; just buy the iPad 4.