do you know of any company able to transform the stock earphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by marc.garcia, Dec 22, 2010.

1. marc.garcia macrumors regular

Hi,

a couple of years ago I was in the market for a decent set of headphones for my iPhone and in the end I decided to purchase the Ethymotics hf2. Recently I managed to lose them (god damned) :(

I would swear I can remember that back then I came across one company which I remember offered a rather peculiar service: the customer could send its stock iphone headphones and get them transformed into an in-ear set.

Has any of you guys come across this? After browsing the net for more than 4h I just can't seem to find this company anymore... Any experience?

if not, any accessory that could work here?

thanks in advance,

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

4. mpshay macrumors 6502

I've been using Yurbuds for about a year now. Great solution for me.
    http://www.yurbuds.com/

5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Just got these. They are really nice! You can just purchase the ends and put them over your stock earbuds.

6. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

7. marc.garcia thread starter macrumors regular

yeaaaaaaaah, that's the site!!!! thanks a lot man ;)

wow, that is what I was looking for, but I didn't know this could turn to be this expensive... Need to think about it...

8. marc.garcia thread starter macrumors regular

how reliable are these solutions? I'm used to putting my headphones in the pocket, and since this is supposed to be mounted on the stock headphones, I fear I'll have to mount them back on every time I want to use my headphones...

Anybody has any experience with the different alternatives shown here?

Thanks everyone who posted here

regards

9. marc.garcia thread starter macrumors regular

I just realized that "yourbuds" won't allow me to keep the iphone remote control built in the stock ones, right? I'll probably go with the Acoustibuds...

m

10. mpshay macrumors 6502

The yurbuds will work fine with the mic apple headphones. Thats the one I personally use. They just slip over the ear buds so no effect on the mic portion.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

I say do yourself a favor and get some real IEM's these all offer so so sound. I've used apple's no more then two minutes. I not trying to be rude I just think you would be better with a decent pair of IEM you can get better IEM's for a little as $10 Sennheiser, MEElectronics, Shure, Ultimate Ears, Klipsch even Skull Candy offer better sound quality.

12. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

its hard to convince people of that though

many people just use the default earbuds or anything they can pick up at best buy

Second, its really hard to test out IEM, due to the hygiene issue

and finally

Once you actually do get a nice set of IEM ( anything over $100) you are screwed for life, since you can immediately tell what you have been missing or when you switch back to an inferior pair

13. brinycbri macrumors 6502a