Do you like iphone 5 or iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by honeygirl, Sep 23, 2012.

1. honeygirl macrumors member

Now we have seen the iphone 5, what do you think of? do you like iphone 5 or iphone 4?

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I think there are plenty of other posts that discuss this very same topic, ad nauseum.

3. julius071 macrumors regular

I loved my iPhone 4 because it didn't have any issues off the bat but with owning the iPhone 5 grr there's a few problems. But for the most part, the iPhone 5 is pretty sweet.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Personally I like most aspects of the iPhone 5.

I'm not keen on the jack being placed on the bottom and the grills on the bottom still kinda annoy me being different sizes.

Why the designers decided to put the coating on the antenna is beyond me.

I'm using a 4s right now and will get my iPhone 5 when it comes back into stock.

I'm glad they didn't go wider on measurements and the length is as far as I would want to go.

5. BigMovieGeek, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

Every phone iPhone I've owned has had problems.

• 3G: Apple's activation servers were down on launch day.
    • 4: Without a bumper, the death grip would drop calls.
    • 5: Without a case the back would scratch like a DJ on the decks.

Still a good phone... But I don't know how much of my loyalty is down to the fact that I'm invested in the iTunes/App Store ecosystem... Food for thought.

6. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

7. ceiph macrumors regular

sorry i had to lol at this, you dont remember antenna gate, your holding it wrong, free bumpers?

8. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

IPhone 4S was the best one for me. Don't like the form factor or the materials used in 5. The screen is now too tall to reach with a thumb and any apps with controls at the top of the screen need two hands now.

If Apple were going to sacrifice this they should have made the screen wider too and be done with it.

I'm probably biased as my 5 is going back due to fragments of the chamfer falling off. Grrrrr.

9. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

You must have little baby hands. My thumb reaches just fine with no moving of hand required.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm happy with my 4S. When I went to go see the 5 at Verizon, I had no idea it was even a 5 until I took a looked at the rear plate, antenna, and counted how many rows of icons.

11. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

There is actually a big difference. iPhone 5 is much better. The display, the speed and the new design (plus LTE) make it much better.

12. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Its the premium of the perfectness. iP5 is the way to go.

13. honeygirl thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys. I hear that some people bought the new iphone 5 that has problem. I also don't like the apperance of the iphone 5.

14. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

love the i5. i think it looks very sleek... just my opinion.

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

i think of iPhone 6. I like me some iPhone 6.

16. honeygirl thread starter macrumors member

iphone 6? do you have a photo for your iphone 6?

17. bryancee macrumors regular

iPhone 5 is way better but than again it should be better than the 4.

18. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

At first I didn't much care for the iPhone 4 design, but after using the phone at the time I fell in love. iPhone 5 I had the initial reaction as everyone else. Longer iPhone 4S!

I must say battery life is amazing, only time i've had problems is when it's off wifi like today, and AT&T was phasing in and out, draining battery quickly since it was constantly looking for a signal. Poor phone :(. As of now i'm at 75% battery with 2 1/2 hrs usage, and 12 1/2 hrs standby. Engadget had set me with high expectations after their "tests" but i've noticed marginal improvements over the 4S battery. Scuff/Scratch gate I've had no problems I set it on hard surfaces all day table that's tiled, sliding it in and off of my pocket has caused no damage. I'd imagine if you put it in the same pocket as your keys you'd be pretty upset when you pulled it out, lol. I'm careful with my things and my 4S is flawless after nearly a year without a case.

19. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

May I ask, what country you're from?

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My iPhone 5 has been the least engaging of them all. There's simply too much hype & not enough substance. Too many annoyances & not enough benefits.

As of today I'm setting aside the 5, and going back to my far better 4S. Of all the iPhones I've owned, it's been the best at making calls, the best build quality, and the best battery life.

Had Apple thought out the design of the 5, taking into consideration the finnish, they would have rounded off the edges & avoided the issue of premature wearing off of the anodizing.

I predict that one year from now the iPhone 5 will be looked upon as far less than remarkable. After all, they all can't be winners. iPhone 5 is just average at best.

21. therationalist macrumors regular

therationalist

Not really. 4/4s is a better looking phone and feels better and more premium in the hand.

/thread now.

22. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I prefer the look of the iPhone 4. I prefer the screen/LTE of the iPhone 5.

23. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

When I looked at the iPhone I found it beautiful. When the 3G(S) was released, I thought the original one was "ugly". Then same thing happened with the 4(S) compared to the 3GS. But now... I think the 5 is more beautiful but if I look back to the 4/4S I still find it amazing. That only glass and steel phone is awesome.

24. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

+1

iphone 4 = Leica
    Iphone 5 = Swiss Watch made by the Japanese, ie smaller, thinner, more efficient etc but missing the premium feel of the 4. (no swssl watch or Leica camera are made to feel light, they all have bulk!).

Its funny cause my Canon camera, in every way has more advanced / better components, but the Leica puts a smile on my face when I use it, the speed, the LCD are way behind etc, but when I do not need it for sports, I will always take the leica as a walk around.

I feel the same way about the 4 v 5.