Do you like..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spectrum Abuser, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

To keep your iPhone in pristine condition? Or do you go case-less and use Zagg shields? Or do you go even deeper and just use the phone naked and not care about the hairline scratches?

2. JLemm macrumors regular

I don't use screen protectors, I think they are a waste of money... I just use an incase snap case. I used the slider till the snap came out. I've had the phone since launch day and I don't have any scratches...

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I had my iphone 4 in an Speck HD pixelskin case and also had a screen protector from the first second. I can't stand a single scratch on the screen. I don't really care if I get a couple of scratches on the body but not on the screen. It drives me nuts since I'm always looking at the screen. I sold an iphone 4 specifically because it had 1 scratch on the screen and ended up buying another one right after.

4. Spectrum Abuser thread starter macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

A complete lie. I've got a handful of hairline scratches around the screen and my iP4 was manufactured in late September. You can only see them from certain angles in direct light, though.

5. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I leave it naked at home because I love it as is, but I am too much of a klutz so I toss it in a case when I head out. Already lost one iPhone to a parking lot.

6. Spectrum Abuser thread starter macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Funny story about parking lots. :rolleyes:
    When I was getting inside my friends low-style car my phone slipped out of my shorts pocket and slid down the parking lot for several yards before finally stopping. No cracked class or deep scratches but the antenna took a mark on the microphone side. It almost got ran over as this took place at almost 9PM and another vehicle just happened to be passing by as it slid under it.

7. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Home button is plastic

I'm OCD so I'm insane about this stuff.

One little thing I'd like to point out. I checked with Apple on this (support line) and to my surprise the home button is actually made of plastic (polycarbonate, I believe). I always thought it was glass, but you'll notice its very hard to keep it from scratching.

8. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Completely naked. No scratches at all. (but it's been replaced).

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Generally I keep my phones naked. However I do have a case that I throw it into when I know there may be an increased chance of droppage (ex. hiking, biking, traveling, etc.). I don't like using screen protectors either. They mess up the feel of the touch screen and I'm pretty careful with my phones anyway.

10. JLemm macrumors regular

maybe I take better care of my belongings than you do?

11. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Usually

Polycarbonate case + Anti glare screen protector

Best protection , not to mention that the clear cases can still reveal the Apple logo on the back of iphones and ipod touches.

12. Spectrum Abuser thread starter macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I take great care of my devices. It got the hairline scratches on the screen just from normal everyday use. All I do is put the phone in and out of my pocket and set it on a wood desk when I get home. Now of course with the Otterbox Defender I could drop it off a five story cliff and not worry but when it was naked it did receive normal ware and tear age.