Do you miss the MacBook Pros build quality once you use a PC laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Misskitty, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Misskitty, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

Misskitty macrumors 6502

I tried out a couple $400 PC laptops today for the first time in almost 3 years and even though I love the bigger screen, boy did I sure immediately miss the build quality of my MBP. It just made my appreciate the no flex, no creaking build of the MBP that much more. Anyone else feel the same way? Its hard to go back to a plastic laptop after.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It depends on the PC. Some out there are really well made and are a pleasure to use.

Others have gone and copied Apple's single button trackpad. Dear God, those are the worse. Makes the trackpad unusable and frustrates the hell out of me. Yes, the trackpad works as anything but its intended purpose.

3. richard371 macrumors 68020

WOW your lucky. My new 15" late rMBP is very creaky along with many others.

4. Misskitty thread starter macrumors 6502

How is yours creaking? Is it possible with all metal chasis?

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Comparing a $400 Windows Laptop with a MBP ? interesting...:confused:

Anywho, my work laptop ( HP EliteBook ) and personal Lenovo ThinkPad W530's build quality and user experience is on par with the rMBP and MBA.

6. jahall05 macrumors regular

I loved my Dell XPS 14z when I had it. I do have to say though my MBP 13 mid-2012 is pretty solid in comparison. I am sure there are laptops out there in the PC world that are just as good as the MB line.

OS X, however, is a dream compared to Windows...

7. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Yep. My Asus Zenbook (which is basically a PC clone of the MBA) can't even come close.

8. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Why would you even try and compare a $400 PC to a $2000 MBP, and then dis the quality of the $400 PC? I'm sure if Apple put out a $400 computer the quality wouldn't be there either.

I've read many posts that do the same thing, and it just doesn't make sense to me; it's like comparing a Ford Escape to a Volvo or BMW.