Do you miss the MacBook Pros build quality once you use a PC laptop?

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I tried out a couple $400 PC laptops today for the first time in almost 3 years and even though I love the bigger screen, boy did I sure immediately miss the build quality of my MBP. It just made my appreciate the no flex, no creaking build of the MBP that much more. Anyone else feel the same way? Its hard to go back to a plastic laptop after.

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It depends on the PC. Some out there are really well made and are a pleasure to use.

Others have gone and copied Apple's single button trackpad. Dear God, those are the worse. Makes the trackpad unusable and frustrates the hell out of me. Yes, the trackpad works as anything but its intended purpose.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2009
Colorado
Comparing a $400 Windows Laptop with a MBP ? interesting...:confused:

Anywho, my work laptop ( HP EliteBook ) and personal Lenovo ThinkPad W530's build quality and user experience is on par with the rMBP and MBA.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
I loved my Dell XPS 14z when I had it. I do have to say though my MBP 13 mid-2012 is pretty solid in comparison. I am sure there are laptops out there in the PC world that are just as good as the MB line.

OS X, however, is a dream compared to Windows...

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
I tried out a couple $400 PC laptops today for the first time in almost 3 years and even though I love the bigger screen, boy did I sure immediately miss the build quality of my MBP. It just made my appreciate the no flex, no creaking build of the MBP that much more. Anyone else feel the same way? Its hard to go back to a plastic laptop after.
Why would you even try and compare a $400 PC to a $2000 MBP, and then dis the quality of the $400 PC? I'm sure if Apple put out a $400 computer the quality wouldn't be there either.

I've read many posts that do the same thing, and it just doesn't make sense to me; it's like comparing a Ford Escape to a Volvo or BMW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.