Do you need any "End of the World Biscuits?"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 22, 2014.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Worried the pearly gates won't have clean water? TV evangelist Jim Bakker has your back.

Twenty years after his release from prison following rape and fraud allegations, the disgraced pastor is busy selling unique survival kits apparently for the Apocalypse.

On his website for his latest TV program, "The Jim Bakker Show," the 74-year-old sells everything from bulk "End of the World Biscuits," "Extreme Survival Bottles" — two for $57 — and extreme cold-weather apparel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-survivalist-kits-jail-time-article-1.1940417

Elmer Gantry would be proud.

2. dec. Suspended

dec.

Some prepare for "the Apocalpyse" by buying cookies, other try to "save their 'soul'" from "hell" by saying "prayers" to a "god". I can't see why one thing could be more/less plausible than the other... mmmmm cookies....

3. Mousse, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Umm...yeah... We've still go at least another 45 years before the end of the world. I ain't worried. The Four Horseman aren't scheduled to arrive until AFTER 2060, according to one of the smartest man to walk the Earth.

The man predicted the end of the King of the North, before the Game of Thrones was even written.:eek::D

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

You are wrong! It's 4.5 years.
    Prepare now! I will sell apocalypse survival cookies for a reasonable price. Free delivery included.

5. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

I'll just kill myself when civilization ends. Better than becoming some warlord's slave or starving to death.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

"Not if you were the last man on Earth" takes on a new meaning when you've got EOTWAWKI biscuits.

7. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Still having those dreams about having no recourse other than "shooting the ugly ones", I see.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Well Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford and Jodie Foster still won't return my calls. Meg Ryan and Catherine Bach have had restraining orders since the 80's. But if I had biscuits...

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

As much as I don't care for Jim Bakker nowhere does his website advertise "End Of The World" food.

I had to actually visit his website to look.

Nothing listed as "End Of The World".

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wouldn't give that ****er the clicks.

Googled: end of world biscuits site:jimbakkershow.com

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm just going to write down the location of the warehouse, so when the apocalypse comes, I'm just going to lead my own tribe of miscreants on a raid.

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Eh, can't be any worse than an MRE. I'd try it...if given to me as a gift.

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Actually it's 4.5 hours. Better upgrade to super express delivery.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you would think these would be marked down end of the world biscuits since the world was supposed to end several times this decade.

17. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wonder how many people he bilked years ago gave him money again?

19. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Why is it that you would bash a guy that is marketing a product to a specific group? Just because it says "end of the world" on it? I think it's pretty clever marketing. There are many people that buy this kind of thing to use in emergencies. I have family in California that have a large stock of food and water in case of an earthquake. I also have a friend that lives in Alaska that also has a stockpile of food in case there is a bad storm and they can't get to town for an extended period of time. All of the people around his area do.

He's selling it as "Emergency Food Buckets" just as about million other places do. Heck you can even get the stuff on Amazon and Sam's Club.

http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Survival-Food-Supply-Meal/dp/B0029BE7AW

20. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Watch out for zombies along the way.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

have you looked him up? he ripped people off for years owes millions in back taxes scammed his followers he is not exactly trustworthy.

22. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Do you expect him to never work again and never pay what he owes? He did his time in prison, now he is trying to get it back together.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so time to trust him with your money huh? well send him some if you think he is so trustworthy. Then again he is trying to sell end of times crap so I guess he is still ripping off christians. makes me want to give him all my money for sure.

24. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

He's not selling end of times crap. He's selling the same survival crap that a million other companies are selling. He's even selling solar panels and EMP bags.

25. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right it is all so innocent just like how he accidentally ripped off millions. of course it has nothing to do with his end of times books of course such as this excerpt below. support the scumbag ripoff artist and tax evader. I mean he is christian so he must be trustworthy.