Do you pay too much attention to the battery life % on your iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Aug 27, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I know it is good to use how much exactly you have but do you find you are abit too obessed by it and worrying how much it drops down? do you turn it off for this reason?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

No. Now if the phone drops down 10%-20% during standby I would definitely be looking into that. When I unplug my phone in the morning it stands at 100%. After a long days work when I get home the battery is usually between 95%-70%. Depends on much I used the phone during the day.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Same...I realize now how little attention I pay to the battery, simply because it's never been an issue. It's awesome to never have to worry about charging my phone. Big step forward from my old G1 piece of crap.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I did turn off percentage readouts, because I *was* getting a little obsessive over them. Now I'll turn them on once in a while if I think I'm having an issue. Otherwise, I leave them off and the battery does just fine.

6. Supraking, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

Supraking macrumors member

Nope. That's the problem with people who complaint about the iPhone battery life.
    iPhone 5

7. ABernardoJr macrumors 6502

Never really did either, of course unless it was in the red or getting really close. It is awesome to have a phone that doesn't constantly need to be charged. And I also always leave the percentage marker off, as IrishVixen said, I'd imagine myself getting excessively concerned with the battery if I had a number quantifying the battery life rather than just using it. I think it makes a big difference psychologically

8. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Well, I have the iPhone 3GS, so I shouldn't be answering this... but I couldn't help it. I'm weird this way, but I don't like my battery going below 90% if there is a charger that's within reach. But if I'm out for the day, then I only pay attention to it once it goes below 40%.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Nah sorry forgot the battery % came up on the 3GS as well

this is for 3gs users too.

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

11. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Turned off the percentage readout, and things are cool. With how much I browse the web over 3G, the number tends to drop quick.

12. darster Suspended

I know how long i can go watching MLB stream via the network. If i stream the full game, i will go from 100% to around 20% by end of game. The final 20% should get me through to the end of the day.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes, because I feel that my battery drains too quickly. If I don't use it at all, within 3 hours in my pocket it's gone down to 70%. At the end of the day it's at 40%.
    If I actually plan on using it that day, there's a charger in my other pocket.

Every iPhone except for the 2g iPhone has been this way to me.

14. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I used to.. which is why I turned the battery percentage off. That thing will drive you crazy!

15. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

It depends how long my phone's been on without a reboot (I like seeing how much uptime I can get out of it.)

My phone is JB, but I don't have all the flashy animations anymore, because that was literally making me hit 40% or lower by the end of an 8 hour workday.

When it's been on for a few days, I might hit between 85-90% in a given day. Lately though, I'm easily hitting 75-80% in the same amount of time, running the same stuff - only difference is, my phone has been on and running for 17.5 days... :)

I try not to automatically charge it every night, so I usually get maybe 2-3 useful days before I need to charge it to make sure I don't run out during the day.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. I look at it periodically throughout the day, but I don't really care about it until it hits 20%.

17. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yes, and it's the reason that I have had my battery percentage off since I first got my iphone. I just find myself obsessively noting the percentage...with it off I don't think about it at all, unless I notice it's getting pretty low.

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Only when the push-notification warns me that my battery has hit 20%.

19. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Im happy my ip4 gets me through the day.

I dont have the % turned on as I feel im not really needing to watch the battery strength.

20. Skika macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.729; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I have the % showing turned off. I like it that way much more. Same on the iPad

21. peperoni macrumors member

Not obsessive, but I look the percentage more closely when I know I won't be around a charger any time soon.

It doesn't help that I can't trust the multitasking system to clear out the clutter away. Sometimes I need to clear all the larger apps from fast app switch menu or reboot, because the battery level is dropping faster than before with same level of usage. I would certainly like to know why sometimes apps stay taxing the system and sometimes don't and also like some notification in the multitasking menu to show which apps are idling and which ain't. I know this sounds quite a bit like wanting the traditional multitasking back, but imo it's just better than the iOS' multitasking scheme which tries minimize the hit on the battery by hiding everything from the user, but atleast in my case doesn't manage to save battery life and additionally obscures the battery hogs.

22. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yes I'm constantly checking the battery percentage. I use my phone a lot all day long (except when I'm sleeping obviously) and it drops a lot and I charge it a couple times a day.

23. nmork macrumors regular

I have it on, but I don't really pay much attention to it.

I've been using an iPhone every day since the launch of the 3G, and have used it, the 3GS, and 4. Only one day did my battery nearly run out, and that was with the 3GS on iOS 3.x - I was out for about 13 hours and used the phone pretty heavily. Even then, it lasted until I made it back home at 3% lol.

24. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I used to, and it was tiring. Then I turned off the numerical percentage. Now I couldn't care less. My battery lasts the whole day, and I just dock my phone at night. I don't even notice it anymore unless it turns red.

25. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I've turned off the battery percentage for all my devices. I had it on, I was paying too much attention to it. However since I've turned them off, I only notice them when they're in red and/or when I get a popup warning me about low battery.