Do you plan on updating to iOS 6 right away?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PharmDoc, May 31, 2012.

1. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

Just as the thread says. If not, why not? Would you be worried about losing a JB, other glitches, or performance issues with older hardware...

Me personally- I have an iPhone 4 so I will wait to see if there are any issues but I will upgrade my iPads right away.

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I usually don't update right away so that I don't experience the initial wave of issues that people have with the update.

If the features are appealing enough then I would upgrade and give up my jb, but we'll have to wait and see if that's the case.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No, I will wait for an untethered jailbreak to be released first.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I generally buy the new iPhone when it's released, so that kind of forces my hand to upgrade without any other option.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Yep, just waiting for the keynote! That is, as long as they entice me enough ;)

6. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

as soon as possible for the ipod touch, but wait on the iphone, as after i get the iphone 5/ new iphone/ whatever im jailbreaking the 4

7. chokem macrumors 6502

Same here. My current jailbreak is the smoothest I've had to date, don't want to lose it.

8. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

When the iOS 5 GM was released I updated right away with not a care in the world towards my former jailbreak. The new features of a first digit update keep me entertained for the first few weeks while an untethered jailbreak is created.

Besides I always save my SHSH so I'll be able to downgrade, but when I wen't from 5.0 back down to 4.3.3 my phone felt primitive and I couldn't take it.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Yes, of course. Never had issues with a new release and don't JB.

10. irDigital0l Guest

Yea for my iPhone 4.

I assume Apple will stop supporting the iPad 1 (came with iOS 3.2) and they usually two 2 major iOS releases before ditching it.

I'll probably rejailbreak my iPad 1 and install iOS 6 for my iPhone 4 ASAP!!!

11. Azzin macrumors 68040

Same for me.

12. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ditto. I've only ever jailbroken to see what I'm missing, and then it's not much for me, so I end up restoring 24 hours later. I'll be updating to iOS6 on all my devices as soon as it's released.

14. Tridztan macrumors member

I don't jailbreak my devices and I always like to have the latest update. So I'll update all my iDevices straight away.

15. barryl85 macrumors regular

I am really thinking iOS6 will have some trickery up its sleeve to take advantage of the new 16:9 screen so hopefully me upgrading to iOS6 will involve the next iPhone :)

Of course I will also try it on my 4 if I can !

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since I'll be buying an iPhone 5 and I'm assuming iOS6 will be already loaded, I'll be an early adopter.

If I keep my iPhone 4, then I'll wait but I'm getting antsy for a new phone so I'll be upgrading as soon that comes out.

17. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Yes I will update right away. I've tried the jailbreak and the latest one prohibited me from using my Music app so I'm done with JB.

18. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I currently only jailbreak for really basic utilites. I have a system function toggle in my notification center, which is really what I'm wanting. If iOS 6 has exactly all I want, I'll probably jump and go on iOS 6 beta.

19. Syk macrumors 6502a

Seeing how it will probably come loaded on the new phone if I decide to buy yes. As for my current iP4. Since I'm giving it to my son I'll let him decide.

My iPad2 isn't jailbroke so if there's a good refresh I'll probably do it day one

20. 314631 macrumors 6502a

I agree but I always end up upgrading immediately because these major updates are so damn appealing. I'm certain Apple will announce something in iOS 6 that I will be craving for months before the update becomes available to me. So when it does arrive, I'll be among the first trying to download and get it loaded onto my device. :)

21. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Right there with you. I'm there with everyone else bogging down the servers trying to get the update the second it comes out! :D

22. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Yes. Bad things seem to happen when you delay an OS update.

23. klooney macrumors regular

Will update to iOS 6 beta as soon as it comes out.

24. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Rather than flock to an update blind, I'll wait to see if it warrants losing my JB.

Hopefully, it will be more than the same old stack of icon grids.

25. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It would have to be amazing. I have never updated to to a new OS (except when buying a new phone) prior to having a working jailbreak available.

----------

:confused:

Can you please elaborate?