Do you recommend that I wait to buy the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GomerBoy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. GomerBoy macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I am new on these forums, so hello!:) Anyway, the only Apple device that I own is an iPod Touch 4, but I love it to death! The phone I currently have is a Samsung Epic 4g on Sprint. I find myself using my iPod Touch a lot more than my Epic because it seems to run so much smoother and faster! This is the reason why I think I want an iPhone for my next phone!:cool: It would be nice to go out and buy a 4s now, but I think that would be kind of stupid since the 5 is only 3-4 months away. Would you agree? My Epic is starting to show its age by randomly shutting off and lots of force closes with apps, but I think I can survive with it for another 3-4 months. So with that said, what would you guys recommend that I do? Will the iPhone 5 be worth the 3-4 month wait?

2. steeler macrumors regular

If you can survive until October, then my suggestion would be to wait.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Yea, prolly releases in September, about 3 months.

Just continue using your ipod touch.

It will be worth the wait and in the end you'll be glad that you got the newest iPhone.

4. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I expect a new iPhone in the September/October timeframe. So yes, if you can wait, wait. And welcome to the forums, by the way! :cool:

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Definitely wait as others have mentioned. Since 4S was released in October, it is likely that the next generation iphone will be announced in October as well.

7. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Just wait for it. Trust me, I feel your pain. October seems so far away..

8. GomerBoy, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

GomerBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys! Is it true that the iPhone 5 is going to be a "big upgrade" since there was not much of an upgrade from the 4 to 4s? :confused: I heard that Apple likes to make big upgrades on their devices every other year...

9. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

10. GomerBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure the iPhone 5 will blow my Epic away, I am definitely going to wait. I am seething at the bit to get a new phone, but it will be worth the wait! I just hope it comes out in early September!:p

11. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I've been waiting since the end of Feb(UGH), so I feel your pain. Definitely wait! :D

12. emacna1 macrumors regular

Everyone is agreeing you should just wait. I also agree with them.

I just bought a 4S on Verizon yesterday because they're getting rid of unlimited data and I wanted to upgrade before that is gone. If I end up wanting to get the new iPhone I could always sell the 4S and get the new one off-contract for a few hundred bucks.

13. GomerBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Sprint is still going to keep unlimited data for the iPhone 5 when it comes out right? I mean why wouldn't they? I am sure that helps them sell lots of iPhones already.

14. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Don't wait. I have a feeling there will be no new iPhone this year. All of the iOS features are compatible with iPhone 4S. If there was something super awesome in iOS they would have shown it, but all that was shown will work on iPhone 4S according to the article I glanced on the macrumors home page.

15. Azy macrumors regular

I would wait if I were you. As well as potentially getting better hardware apple seem to be limiting OS and software improvements from their older devices to get people to upgrade their device so you would potentially be missing out on the next big features. Hold out.

16. Wediafom macrumors member

Definitely wait. I have had the 3GS for a long time and anxiously waiting for the iPhone 5:)

17. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

No new iPhone this year? That's preposterous.

4" screen and LTE are all but a given at this point for a fall release. Just a question of what the backing will consist of and whether Apple will fit the screen on the current form factor or if these taller iPhone rumors come true.

Yes OP, I would wait for the next iPhone.

18. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

? ? ? ?

19. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I will bet you $100,000 that you are wrong. Deal?

20. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

yeah right...u said the same thing in june last year:rolleyes:

21. Bodycalming macrumors member

Bodycalming

OK, so you love your Apple device to death. Now stay with that thought about the Apple product for as long as it takes to get a truly great next generation iPhone. I waited from 3G all the way through to iPhone 4S.

Go to a store, try your friends iPhone 4/4S, see how it feels, smooth, lush and how simply great the iPhone really is, all this is even before iOS 6! At the very least follow Macrumors Buyer's Guide. If you want an iPhone then wait. :):D:) If you NEED a Phone then buy the iPhone 4S. :confused::confused::confused:

22. irDigital0l Guest

What are you exactly talking about?

I bought my Verizon iPhone 4 in Feb 2011...why would i need to upgrade in June OR Oct?

If the iPhone 4S came out in June that would only be like 4-5 month and in Oct I was only 9 month into my 2 year plan.

WTH would I upgrade?