All iPads Do you regret selling your iPad in anticipation of the new iPad announcement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by getstuff4less, Oct 23, 2013.

?

Do you regret selling your iPad in anticipation of the new iPad announcement?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

No.

I regret giving it away in anticipation of the iPair. :eek:

2. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Yes, I sort of do. I sold my wifi 3 and after yesterday's announcement wonder if the Air will follow in the steps of the 3 and be updated in 6 months. I may end up getting a Nexus 7 until the next iPad is released. I'll have to wait and see after they are released.

Rick

3. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Nope! I had positioned myself to purchase an iPad last October. I thought for sure they would have adopted a smaller form factor and all we got was a lightning connector. The iPad Air was the iPad I wanted last year and wasn't going to miss it this year!

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This is exactly how I feel.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Why is that ?

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

Huh? So you sold your iPad 2/3 back in October 2012? And been without an iPad for entire 12 months?

7. RLesko macrumors member

No. I sold my mini at ~$130 loss. Now there is a retina mini with internals 4-8x better. The only dilemma for me now is the possibility of a "pro" iPad in the near future.

8. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I do, I was expecting wifi ac and fingerprint reader. Pretty, thin, light, gray, etc is not enough. I wish I could get my ipad4 back.

9. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

Nope, they did everything with the Air that I really wanted. TouchID and WiFi AC would have been nice, but they'd have been bonuses.
    However, I do kinda regret selling my iPads last week, since I've kept going to grab an iPad, and haven't had one to use. It's surprising how much the iPad's become part of the standard workflow.

10. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

maybe you shouldn't have sold it on assumptions...

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

There's something to be said here about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush.

12. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

Well, too late. I have to get pretty, thin one :) I can't stay without ipad, I am using my son's ipad2 for two weeks already, it is like 100 years old technology to me :)

13. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

I was planning on keeping my iPad 4 and adding a retina mini. After yesterdays announcement, I plan on skipping the new mini and pick up the Air.
    This is the biggest update in the iPad's short history.

14. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I guess I should really revise my answer. I'm not sure I regret selling my 32 G 3 since I did get $400 for it. Rather, I'm disappointed with the specs on the new Air.

Rick

15. TheBing1980 macrumors member

TheBing1980

No regrets!

My iPad 3 served it purpose, the Air is a solid upgrade in my opinion.

16. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Not me. The Air appears to be the biggest generational improvement yet. Of course if you don't care about the tablet being thinner, lighter and having twice the processing power of it's predecessor then obvious it's not worth upgrading to.

17. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

If they do release a "Pro" version, it will be larger and more expensive than the current models. As someone who considers the N7 a worthy alternative (I agree it's a nice device), are you really going to be upset at missing out on a larger and more expensive iPad? I won't.

18. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

No, that is a fair point, I won't. I guess what is driving my comment, is I bought a 3 in July and then Apple turned around and released the 4 about four months later. I'm not putting it past them to do the same thing again. I've seen several Nexus 7's in good shape used for sale around $150. I figure even if I turn around and sell it later, it won't be that much of a hit. Ideally, I'd like to stay with an iPad though. I'll have to wait and see once the Airs are out in the public, reviewed, and been torn down for evaluation.

Rick

19. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I'm not suggesting that you not wait; however the release of the 4 (8 months after the 3) was an anomaly and certainly not reflective of their normal practice. Basically, Job's rushed the 3 out with a chip that wasn't up to the performance requirements of the retina display (it tended to get really hot very easily). Cook released the 4 ahead of schedule and took the 3 off the market as soon as the A6x was available.

20. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Yes, I'm going to have to wait and see. That is my primary concern and there is a part of me that wants the new one and the other part says, wait, see what comes out and get by with a Nexus 7 since it can be procured with much less investment.

21. Technarchy, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Not at all. I have cash in hand and I am ready for the iPad Mini 2.

22. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

yes and no... sold the mini for about $170 loss but didn't realize it would take them a while to get that one out. That was my wife's ipad and she wasn't too happy with me...but I promised her it will be worth the wait...LOL.... :p

23. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I still don't get why people think there will be an iPad pro and in 6 mouths? Just because iPad air doesn't have touch id and a chip A7X that doesn't exist yet?

24. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Yes, it's certainly plausible given what they did with the 3.