Do You Regret the Color iPhone 5 That You Ordered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChocolateApple, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I was up at 3am ET, waiting. So when Apple's (online) store opened, I clicked like I was in a drag race (not Ru Paul's).

Which one? 64
    Color? White

But looking back, I love that slate color on the black one. I felt indecisive and had flashbacks to ordering the (white) 4S where the process failed at checkout multiple times. So my goal was to 'get to the finish line,' and I did, but darn. Kinda wanting that slate look.

Does anyone else regret the color that you selected?

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I never had a doubt...it was black/slate all the way. I didn't really like the white one. But some people love it (girls) lol.. JK. It's all a matter of taste. Black looks great on the 5, but I've read a lot of people saying that they love the white. I'm sure you'll love it when it gets in ur hand.

3. bryxcore macrumors newbie

Haha. I wouldn't say I regret it, cause after all, its still iPhone 5 either one. Someone else preordered it for me and he told me he got me the white one. I wanted the black one cause it looks nice. Got kinda disappointed for 10 seconds, then got over it. lol

4. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

I ordered the Black and I'm still glad I did but the White looks sweet too so I wouldn't worry if I was you.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you upgrade yearly, get one in each color as the iPhone 5S will mostly likely retain the same design next year. Either white this year and black next year or black this year and white next year. No need to be so choosy.

6. Funnone macrumors regular

7. Radeon85 macrumors regular

No, I ordered the white one, even though I loved the black slate look. Almost ordered that one though.

I had the black 3GS and the black iPhone 4 but got fed up of the fingerprints even with clean hands, so when the 4S came out I bought that one and I have loved the colour since. No matter how long I use it the fingerprints are almost non existent part from the screen.

After 9 months of using the white 4S it still looks immaculate and not a single bit of dirt anywhere on the phone. Rumors of how quickly the white model will get dirty are completely false.

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Nope. The black 5 looks so good, it was a no brainer. Plus, my 4S is white, so a change was in order anyway.

9. 725032 Guest

The black looks far nicer... I would change op

10. tcoche macrumors member

Not regretting color...black. I currently have the white 4s since day one. I wanted a change. But, I may regret the size...32gb. My 32gb 4s is currently out of memory. I filled it up mostly with music and photos. There is a ton of music I don't listen to anymore so I wont put as much on the ip5. I didnt want to spend an addtl 100 for the 64gb to store music I dont listen to...trying to justify my decision...lol! ;)

11. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

The reason I ordered a white one because I wanted a change, since I have a black iPhone 4. Though the black ones are different but they look kinda similar to the iPhone 4.

That being said, I regret not getting the black one :)

Help me! hehe

12. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I think the both look great, but I went with the black because it looks so sleek.

I can't wait to see them in person and I reserve my right to change my mind.

13. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, there is a $35 restocking fee if you purchased it from AT&T.

14. HighFlyers macrumors member

HighFlyers

They both look great, but I've always liked white/silver Apple products best so nope I don't regret getting a white one :)

15. blunti macrumors 6502a

16. bobright macrumors 601

I liked/purchased the white on the 4 and 4s the glass finish was just nice. However on the 5 IMO the white is ugly looking with the grey backing plate looks tacky and cheap. Got black 32GB.

17. iViet macrumors member

I got the 64 white also. Currently have the black 4 & wife has white 4S. I asked my kids & they all told me to get the white 1!!!!! So white it is. If u like flashy phones, go white, if u like to stay low key, then black xD. White will always be more noticeable , & the silverback will always shine in the sun#

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

19. KPOM macrumors G5

Though I went with white for the 4S and new iPad, I was tempted by the black/slate combo. In the end, I went with white for the 5. I think it is hard to go wrong with either. The white looks pretty slick in the images on Apple's design page. http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

20. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

21. appswipe macrumors 6502

To be honest, I don't trust that aluminum backing and in a year they'll all look worn out.

I went with black mainly because black letter boxing on a white phone is ugly

22. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

Got the Slate Black,

white is nice too, but it's for women or guys that wear skinny jeans ;):D

23. imazu macrumors regular

no regrets.. got myself a black/slate.. my ipad3 is in black but my nano is in red.

24. LYFK macrumors regular

I ordered black because Apple has never really made a device that looked so stealthy as this, and I'm really excited for it.

However when I look at the white version, I'm reminded of the original Mac Mini, the Aluminum iPod Classic, and so many other Apple devices of years past. The new iPhone has that same sandwiched white-aluminum style going for it, but it's just now so incredible thin and precise.

But I bought the iPad 2 in white for those same nostalgic reasons and most of the time I find the white is somewhat distracting when I just want to focus on the content of my screen.

25. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Only time I ever considered the white iPhone, but no regrets getting the black. :)