Do you run with your iPhone 6+? How do you feel about your 6/6+ now? I can't decide

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Oct 18, 2014.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

I bought a SIM free black 128GB IP6 and haven't opened it yet cause I'm thinking of exchanging it for the black 6+. I couldn't decide even if I had a gun pointed at my head.

I usually put my iP4 in my pocket while running because it's so small. I like having it incase I see something interesting I want to take a photo of which I always do here in Japan.

But on the same hand I'd love to have a 6+ for the battery life.

On the other hand I'll be purchasing a rMB which has the big display but of course that rMBP won't always be with me. Only sometimes when I'm studying at a cafe or at home.

However when you put both side by side there really isn't much size difference in the display sizes. It's really the bezels and frame on the 6+ that's huge. So I was thinking I wouldn't miss much real-estate if I got the 6.

You can see my predicament. It seems as though I would regret buying either one because both have pos/neg :D

Now that you've had your phone for a while any regrets on your 6/6+? How do you use your phone? Do you hike/run with it? Only use it for media? Do you feel like it's easy for people to sneak a peak at your phone on the train etc?

2. davewolfs macrumors regular

3. GrumpyMom, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I don't run unless something is chasing me. So I can't help you there. But I hike and I walk a lot and I do a lot of landscaping/gardening work and playing at the park with kids and a dog. My 6Plus is not comfortable for any of those activities if kept in a pocket. I can do it, it's just not comfortable. I do value my 6plus for the great screen and battery life and the ease of showing photos of the family to elder family members. It's also surprisingly comfortable for me to talk on.

But if the 6 ever gets the same resolution screen and battery life comparable to the Plus's I would switch over to the Regular 6 because its size fits the active mobile side of my lifestyle better while still giving a screen large enough for pleasant viewing. My issue with the 6 Screen is that it's not sharp enough in rendering fine detail and I do find that my usage also demands OIS for better photographs. I've been able to get clear photos on my Plus that really should have turned out blurry due to slight hand shake.

Oh and yes, it's too easy with the new wider viewing angle for people to sneak a peek at my screen over my shoulder. For me that's a benefit, since I'm trying to share peeks of family photos, but for you on a train, I think that would be annoying.

4. jsalicru macrumors regular

I use a flipbelt. Works great. Get a size smaller than you think you'll need. Also, if you have a silicone case like I do you'll need to take it off.

5. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I use an armband for my plus at the gym and outside running. TuneBelt armband.

6. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

I think I am going to buy this spi bag thing, I have never seen those before. With my 5 I always had an armband, I dont think I will use an armband with a 6+, I think that would be ackward, lol. I also hate the fact that Apple took the Nike+ Ipod app off the iPhone 6's. I used that app religiously at the gym and now I have to run with my plus in hand which is not fun at all. I sent feedback to apple on that, I dont understand how they could take away an app that his been always part of their phones, just because of healthkit. :mad:

----------

Can you post a pic of what the phone looks like in a armband Nikhil? Thanks in advance. I am having lots of doubts in getting armband for my plus.

7. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I use a flipbelt as well. I wondered whether my Plus would fit in it with the silicone case. It does but like putting on a pair of pantyhose - you have to slide it in and then kind of peel it off. I put my phone in with the button facing out and use Siri to change music or send and listen to messages. Works slick.

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

op I run on a treadmill 4 times a week so I just leave the phone in front of me.

9. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

How do you track your running?
    Treadmills timings are off, I run 8:45 miles outside, on a treadmill it tells me im running 10 min miles which is impossible.

10. dannyTO macrumors regular

dannyTO

I hold my iPhone 6 when I go for runs, I have a silicone case on it so I don't have to worry about it slipping out my hand :)

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

dude I don't bother with any of that tracking stuff. I run cause it's good for me lol

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I have a 6. I also spent time with the 6+ because my partner had it for two weeks before finally deciding to return it on the last day.

The 6 screen is a big improvement even from the 5s, and if you are coming from the 4/4s, you'll find it amazing. And it is still pocketable despite being bigger than previous iPhones.

The 6+ is definitely too big to have in a pocket while running, though the belts suggested by other posters might work. Also, as another poster said, on trains other people could see your screen very clearly, though an anti-glare screen protector solved that issue on my partner's 6+.

I don't watch media on my iPhone so I can't comment on that.

Overall I felt the 6 is a natural upgrade to the previous iPhones while the 6+ felt like a different category of device. My gut feeling is you won't regret getting the 6, while with the 6+ it is hard to predict what your reaction might be. Don't grt 6+ unless you can try it and return.

13. Mum4519 macrumors member

I run with my 6+ in my hand. Not the most comfortable, but manageable. I value the GPS tracking and the Health tracking. It's all about if you value the apps enough to cause the inconvenience.

14. Jws macrumors regular

I use a flip belt with my 6. As others have posted, it seems like the 6+ would fit in one as well. It's a solid solution over an arm band in my opinion.

15. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I must be the only person that has no problem running with the 6+. I don't even take it out the leather case either.

I wear fairly fitting clothes whilst running, and it goes in my zipped pocket perfectly with plenty of room to spare. It's incredibly light and I don't notice it's there.

16. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Do you run with your iPhone 6+? How do you feel about your 6/6+ now? I can'...

Haven't gone running with it but it is always in my jeans pocket for tracking my walking. Took it on a hike in the jungle today and had no issues. Stopped on a few rope bridges to pull it out and snap pics of the river and waterfall. Didn't come close to dropping it while on the hike and have some awesome pics from the journey. Definitely loving the plus and glad I returned the 6.

Now if only Apple maps had maps of Central America. Even google maps was missing a few roads today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413707359.091085.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413707438.070591.jpg

17. respectabilia macrumors regular

Cool. If you keep the plus in your jeans pocket how do you do things like squat down for example? Doesn't that out a lot of pressure on the phone?

18. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Not really. I wear loose fitting jeans. I also use the back pocket mostly when in areas I'm not concerned about theft (no, I don't sit on it). I don't notice it anymore than my old 5s most of the time but it is slightly more comfortable in the back pocket.

19. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I workout at the Gym and Run/Skate with my 6 in a armband. I'll probably do the same with my 6+.