Do you sync Books to your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quietstormSD, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Do you sync books to your iPhone?

1. Yes I sync them

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No, I don't sync them

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Today, I unchecked syncing of books to my iPhone. Since the inception of iBooks (iOS 4.0?), I have not really used iBooks at all on my iPhone.

The screen is just way too small to read anything like a book. I mainly use it to read info on the internet.

However, I still kept my iBooks application on the phone, so in case I all of the sudden just wanted to read one of the iBooks, I could pick it out of my "purchased" (all free) iBooks, and download onto the phone at that moment. Rather then keeping all of them and taking up 800 MB of space on my phone

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

Nope, I still haven't made the transition to digital books yet. I love to have a real book on me lol and I'm not old or anything. I'm a 23 year old college student and I just prefer my books to not be digital currently.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't use iBooks, so no I don't sync books to my iPhone. I read books on my Kindle.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The only time I read books on my iphone is when I'm in line for an event or something where I don't want to browse the web. Otherwise, I read books on my ipad.

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Same here. I usually read them on my iPad but there are those rare occasions where I'm waiting on a haircut or oil change and, if I'm in the middle of a good chapter, I'll read on my iPhone while I wait. Audibooks, however, I only sync to my iPhone but not to my iPad.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I also use a Kindle & have for a few years. That's how I know a 7" iPad would be a great size. I don't like to read on my iPads since the Kindles purpose built for reading & easier on my eyes. Although I'm lucky to have 20/20 vision, I plan to keep it that way :)

Browsing is what I enjoy my iPads for, and the smaller size is going to be ideal. If for some reason Apple doesn't build one, I'll buy a Nexus 7.

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I read books on my phone for years before I got my Kindle in January. Before iBooks, I used Stanza and the Kindle app. I still do keep some of my favorites on there, just in case I get stuck somewhere and feel like killing time with a book.

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I have about 50+ books on my iPad, about three of which were bought through Apple. The rest i put together my self and copied over using iTunes. Apple will only sync what you've bought throgh them, so I have no use for it.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I generally read books on my iPad but the iPhone is more convenient and easier to use on the subway so I read my books while commuting with my iPhone

10. IO01 macrumors member

To me, books in the epub format on the iPhone aren't much of a problem. It's the books in pdf format that's the problem. Just for kicks, I put a couple of pdf textbooks on my iPhone, and obviously the text is too small to read. This is one reason I am considering selling my 4S and getting a phone with a larger screen (although I'll wait until the next iPhone is released first).

11. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Audiobooks = Yes
    eReader/iBooks = No

I use a Nook Color for reading books instead.

12. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I sync them to my phone. [E]books are so small in file size that carrying a few around doesn't hurt, especially when you're waiting for something. But when I really want t sit down and read a book, I go to my Kindle.