Do you take MacBook as your lawful wedded wife - I do.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by civilizedrat, Apr 17, 2007.

1. civilizedrat macrumors regular

After many months of saving (during which my dreams at nights were perplexed by dancing, taunting MacBooks), I've finally pulled the trigger!! I've just (ten mins ago) purchased a 1.83 GHZ CD Macbook from the refurb store. And, can I say, they go QUICKLY!! Initially, and directly up to the point of entering my CC info, I had planned on purchasing the 2.0 GHZ, but I realized, hey, I won't really be needing a SuperDrive and I'm planning on upgrading to a WD 160 GB internal hard drive + enclosure anyway. I probably burn a DVD on each solar eclipse, so I could do with saving that $100. So I came back here to MR and did a quick search of 1.83 vs 2.0 to see whether I'd be essentially selling my self to the technological devil. Most people stated that the speed difference between is practically unnoticeable, - none even - and that, furthermore, in normal usage both processors run at 1.5GHZ. So, given my usage ranging from only music to web to word processing, I don't think I need to be a processor whore. So, I think I made the right choice. (This is called buyer's self-consolation.) My order status says it should be here by the 24th (30th the latest - but I have faith in Apple). Yea, there is the question of whether this will be snappy enough for handling leopard when it unleashes, but I think it should. Right? Anyhoo, what's next is the platinum Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13" Macbook followed by a red nano. I'm so excited!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

It's a computer, not a woman.

At any rate, enjoy. Glad you got what you wanted.

3. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Gratz on new machine. Enjoy! Just don't do anything ... well ... "sticky" on your first night with her :)

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I paraphrase Janeane Garofalo when I say "You can love your Mac ... just don't love your Mac." :D

At anyrate I hope you enjoy your new laptop!

5. eldino macrumors member

eldino

haha.. i agree with you dude.. I love my iBook exactly like I love my girlfriend, but actually I spent more money for my iBook friends (external disks and other usb stuff) than for my gf ;-p

Congrats btw for your choice :)
    I felt the same as you when i ordered my iBook after 1,5year of sacrifices to put every single euro into my "Mac fund" :)
    Happy Mac!

6. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Congo Rats! Hope you enjoy your MacBook! I can't wait until I get mine, I guess my frequent stops at MicroCenter and the AppleStore will have to do.. Have fun!

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

enjoy your new mac!.....well........not too much now......

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

:rolleyes:

I feel really bad for your girlfriend.
    You're like.. 14 then, huh?

9. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

My thoughts exactly. I love technology and gadgets and having new and shiny things with buttons and lights...but I would never compare them to my wife/fiance/girlfriend.

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

It must suck having no sense of humor.

11. eldino macrumors member

eldino

nope, i'm 23 and I have a degree with 108/110.. :) she loves my iBook too and luckily for me, she understand my deep passion fo Macs, iTunes hacking, bash scripts, applescripts, IT stuff, and USB gadgets :) She's waiting the moment I will buy a new Mac laptop to steal my iBook ehehe :)
    she hates so much Windows that asked me to install Ubuntu to her HP COmpaq laptop until she get a Mac.. am i or am i not a very lucky nerdy boy? :)

12. robPOD macrumors 6502

Well that depends if she is hot.

13. JAT macrumors 603

God, no. How could the wife/fiance/girlfriend match a Mac.