Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
If they know about it, then why would they release something with such an obvious problem? :confused:

Seems very un-apple like.

Or if Apple is just now finding out about it, what do you think they are going to do about it?

irispen

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
the new ipod nano is so un-apple.

the new iOS 6 maps is so un-apple.

the scuff problem in black iphone 6 is so un-apple.

LOL

kellte2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2005
OG iPod Nano, iPhone 4 antenna gate...Apple's been here before - and arguably worse.

v7da1

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2011
Australia
If they know about it, then why would they release something with such an obvious problem? :confused:

Seems very un-apple like.

Or if Apple is just now finding out about it, what do you think they are going to do about it?

its not a problem, at least yet. its normal andonized aluminium. its not gonna rub off it you take care of it. any phone will scuff. if you want to protect it it wont happen or buy yourself a case

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
You see this is why I am very skeptical that this scuffing problem is even real. Maybe pocket-lint just got a bad iPhone 5 or they were careless with it. I can't see this problem affecting all or most black iPhone 5's, after minimal use, because Apple would have caught the issue, at least I hope they would have.

Edit: Also, why haven't other reviewers said anything about this supposed problem? If scuffing occurred after minimal use, then why hasn't multiple reviewers said anything?

Last edited:

Cdfguy87

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
You see this is why I am very skeptical that this scuffing problem is even real. Maybe pocket-lint just got a bad iPhone 5 or they were careless with it. I can't see this problem affecting all or most black iPhone 5's, after minimal use, because Apple would have caught the issue, at least I hope they would have.

Edit: Also, why haven't other reviewers said anything about this supposed problem? If scuffing occurred after minimal use, then why hasn't multiple reviewers said anything?

I did actually read about the problem prior to purchase which prompted me to get a white iphone. I was pleased to get the white one and was flawless. Although i have been surprised to hear that some white ones have had faults too. I was suspicious with conspiracy theories such as samsung trying to dampen the hype...but i actually saw a real scuff for myself on a black on in iphone store! Im just so glad that I read the article whilst queuing up for the device and decided white was the better choice....

Although saying that when i initially opened it i felt it looked to similar to my white 4s. But the minor changes are satisfactory.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
You start some of the most useless threads around here. This problem is no different from problems that plaque Rev A products and never affect 100% of the products, except in rare cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.