Do you think apple has advanced feautures for the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

but is holding them back for future iphones? I believe that apple has a 20 megapixel camera but is waiting for the iphone 6 to come out. What do you guys think? They may even have features already planned put for the iphone 7

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I think Apple includes the best features it can in the iPhone while meeting price and performance targets.

3. Knockoutjosie thread starter macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

I do not think so because then what other specs or features will be on the following iphone to be realeased in the near future

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The ones that are too expensive or not ready (in Apple's view) to be included in this year's iPhone.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

20 megapixel on an iPhone? The lens is hardly good enough for that. Besides, more pixels doesn't always translate to better pictures.

6. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

20 mp you believe ? Got to be kidding. Holding back ? Link please. Guessing is not a rumor nor fact. MegPixel means nothing. Its the sensor. A 12 Mp maybe, but not 20 Mp. OP, please read up on MegPixel compared to lens and sensors.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why do you think that they would not be able to continue product development? The following iPhone has its own set of best features and price and performance targets.

This sounds like another one of those "Everything that can be invented has already been invented" statements.

Sounds like you're not familiar with Moore's law and other aspects of tech product development.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's called parallel development, you don't think they started on the 5 after the 4S was released, do you? Features and hardware get cut because they're either not practical or cost prohibitive for the current models. IT's like asking if they're holding back on current computing because they haven't put in 32GB of RAM or terabyte SSDs; sure, these thing exist but cost way too much for current consumer products.

9. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'm sure a lot of companies do this. Why release everything you have at one when you don't need all of it to generate sales to meet expectations?

iirc, Gillette once claimed that the razors it currently sells is already outdated by several generations of razors that it has already developed. Thus, I'm sure there is some tech that is held back as well

10. lacuesta macrumors newbie

Unless iphone goes bigger, i don't see any upside.

11. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I feel like apple always holds back at least a little so they can add certain things to the next gen device to make you want to buy it.

I remember years ago I was waiting for the 3rd gen iPod touch hoping it would have a camera... Everyone was expecting it, but there was none. Of course, there could be other reasons why...