Do you think Apple use upgraded phones for keynotes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanBurns91, Jul 2, 2013.

1. DanBurns91 macrumors regular

Hi,
    After re-watching the iOS 7 keynote I couldn't help but wonder if they have a 'one off' iPhone so to speak. I presume Craig would have been using Beta 1 to demo, but the multitasking was much much smoother than my iPhone 5 was on Beta 1 (clean install too) If i opened up multitasking and skipped past safari my frame rate would drop dramatically for a second or 2 due to 3-4 tabs being opened but at the keynote they had at least 10 tabs with no slow down. Is it possible they could have had more RAM or GUI improvements on the keynote phone?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep, I'm sure it's possible.

Did they actually? Doubt anyone here will ever know for sure.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Could have been a one of version of iOS 7 designed just for the keynotes. Plus it being well rehearsed...

4. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Maybe it was the iPhone 5S. Unlikely though because we probably would've seen *some* change. It's probably a more optimized version of iOS 7 that developers didn't receive at the time because beta 1 would've been prepared weeks ahead.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

1) - It's a <b>BETA</b>, I'm not sure how many time people need to say this.
    2) Of course it's presentation hardware but you're completely wrong that it has additional system hardware in it.

6. DanBurns91 thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't complaining about the frame rate, i know its a <B>BETA</B>... just simply making an observation and asking a question

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It was likely Beta 2, or at least a more advanced version of iOS 7 (they do exist before they are released to the public). They could have also stripped it down and been very careful about what features they demonstrated, having run through it many times to make sure it would seem as smooth as possible.

That is far more likely than being upgraded hardware.

8. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Possible but not likely.