Do you think apple will ever make a NEW macbook to the macbok family?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cootersgarage6, Dec 21, 2010.

1. cootersgarage6, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

I think that Apple should make a new line of macbooks, like macbook ______.... What do you think? Is it likely? and what do you think it should it be called? Because 3 laptops to pick from kind of sucks.... Lol

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What more in a laptop do you want? :confused:

You got the Pro line for ultimate power, the Air line for light weight portability, and the regular line for general purpose computing. I think they have all the bases covered.

3. simsaladimbamba

Then be lucky not to have been around the PPC days, with "only" two notebook families to choose from - iBook and PowerBook.

What other kind of notebook do you want anyway?

4. cootersgarage6, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

cootersgarage6 thread starter Guest

Noooo!

It's not that I personally want a new notebook for them to make, it's that I think it could be nice for a new one. I mean white? That's really the only color? I think they should like. make just one or two more to the family. Maybe some that are just different looking. I am a huge apple fan, I'm not putting down apple, just wondering.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Ya know, like, they have, like 3 lines of laptops, like ya know

6. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

I think the MB is on its way out.

The air is designed for portability and the casual user and the Pro for the power user.

The cheapo MB sticks out like a sore thumb now in apples range. An extra few bux for the Pro vs the MB isn't really much is it?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."
    - Henry Ford

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I wish they would bring back the black one.

Not going to happen. It's one of their best sellers.

9. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I don't think we'll see the standard MacBook kick the bucket anytime soon. It's usually the "starter" mac. Myself personally, and all my friends who have macs, have started with a standard MacBook. Because they didn't think the air would be powerful enough, and didn't want to shell out the money for the Pro, because they didn't know if they would love it or not. I think it's a really good happy medium for people when they start getting into Macs.

However, as far as new designs, I don't honestly know that we'll see a new design. It would be way nice to actually pick some colors, especially in the standard MacBook, but aside from that, I don't think they really need any new models. Because there is the perfect amount. Portability in the air, great all around machine in the standard MB, and a laptop on steroids with the pro. Good stuff :)