Do you think I will be able to use my "Applecare for iPad" on the iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KevinM2, Mar 8, 2012.

1. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

Now that the New iPad has been announced, and be with us in 8 days, do you think I will be able to use the "Applecare Protection Plan for iPad" that I purchased a few weeks ago on my iPad 3?

I had bought it with the intention of putting it on my wife's iPad 2, but I have sold that now, and bought her an iPad 3 too, and would like to use the Applecare, if poss.

Thanks.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I'm pretty sure it's a per-device basis. If you check your serial number on that iPad, it will show the AppleCare linked to that iPad. I am sure you can't change it.

3. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

No, it's tied to the device.

4. anonymouse99 macrumors regular

If you meant that you bought one of those "Applecare" retail packs then it's a toss-up. I have similar issues and all they said was to take it to an Apple store to see if they can upgrade it from an Applecare to an Applecare plus - hopefully you will just need to pay the $20 price difference.

It is my understanding that the Applecare for IPAD program will not apply to an IPAD3, you'll need to get Applecare + (Plus).

5. KevinM2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I didn't explain it too well. I haven't applied the Applecare yet...it is still in its sealed package.

I just wondered if you thought it would work on the iPad 3 or will it only work on the iPad or iPad 2?

Thanks

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Yeah that'll work fine. Applecare isn't tied to a particular revision of a device, just as long as that device is still within its original 1 year warranty.