Do you think it will easy to buy an ipad mini in-store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I am probably using Best Buy in-store credit to get mine, which is the only reason that I didn't pre-order. Do you think people will have to line up to get one for hours, or should I be able to walk in at opening and get one?

The iPhone 5 is still sold out at most places and pre-orders are taking weeks. What do you think?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

It will be easy. Pre-orders seems to be similar to the iPad 3. They had tons of iPad 3's at the retail stores on launch day.

3. hface119 macrumors newbie

I'm planning the same thing. But I'm allotting myself 2 hours before opening (by the way, I guess Best Buy is opening at 8am on Friday for the iPad mini) which means 6am getting to the parking lot, assessing the line if there is one, and then eventually getting in line. I'm hoping it'll be easier, though.

4. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My Best Buy told me they will start accepting pre-orders next week. How do pre-orders work at Best Buy anyway?

5. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Usually they require like 50 down or something or you to pay for the whole thing on a gift card

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I heard in the past that pre-ordering at Best Buy doesn't even guarantee you the device, but gives you a better shot than people who are just walking in?:confused:

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Yes. I think you will be able to walk into either a best buy or apple store and pick one up. You can still get them for the 2nd online

8. Risner123 macrumors newbie

No Pre-Orders

Best Buy isnt doing Pre-Orders for the ipad mini or ipad 4. Each Best Buy and all other retailers except apple stores will only be receiving 10-25 ipads of each GB. GET IN LINE QUICK.