Do you think maybe my girlfriend might have messed up my Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DDar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

Okay, well I had my Mac on my lap today and I was looking at some images I had drawn. She wanted to see them too, but at her speed, so she tried to grab the computer from my lap. What she ended up doing was pressing on the LED LCD with her thumb. Now, I was using iPhoto's full screen function so everything was black, and what was left when she removed her thumb from my screen was a white spot where it had been. Now, it went away after a few seconds and returned to normal. I can't see any defects, or dark spots, but I could be wrong, and I'm paranoid. Do you think she may have somehow messed up my screen?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Physical stress can damage a screen, but since it has returned to normal I would not worry about it. I've had my PowerBook screen poked several times before which had a similar temporary "spot", but no permanent issues after 5 years and going.

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Its where the liquid is pushed away from the point, nothing serious, just try not to do it all the time.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it's gone away there is nothing to worry about.

Next time make sure she doesn't do it, or [you know]...

5. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

Yeah... The screen seems to be fine... Everyone says it is... But you know... I'm overly paranoid with my screen, since it's the one thing I OVERLY depend on, due to visual work.

Ummm.... How strong/good would you say the MBP's screen is? I keep on thinking I see things.. But you know, I think it might be all in my head. <_<''

*is really nitpicky about his MBP*

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Abysmal.

7. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

WHAT?! Really? Geez, for a $2,500 computer you'd think you'd be getting something better than that...
    Also, does it happen to anyone else that when viewing an all-black screen (initial quicktime window, for example) that some lighter patches appear?
    (It ussually happens around where I suspect the LEDs are, but it's most noticeable around the middle, maybe a little to the left..). Also, does it happen to anyone else that when going to an all-black window, really bright colors (I think mostly, if not only white...) leave sort of a "shadow of themselves unless they're being replaced by another color besides black?

8. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

Okay, well I looked at a pure black screen this morning right after turning it on, and it was nice and pure and black. Lighting was even, and I really couldn't find much fault with it in general. However, after using Safari for a while (to come here, btw. :p) I noticed that the sort of blueish discolored area came back. I'm guessing that Liquid crystal pixels don't like going from light colors to dark colors... Is this normal?