Do you think new 8/8+ gold was the supposed blush gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

1. that the "new 8/8+ gold" was the supposed blush gold or do you think there's another shade of gold?
    2. Will there be another color coming in a few months?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If any new color is offered for these new models, it may be red.

3. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

This.

Speaking of colours... I'm just glad to finally be getting a (nearly) truly black iPhone.

4. hank moody macrumors 6502a

hank moody

Copper next year
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---
    You had Jet Black already.

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Man if they release a red glass iPhone X that would be hot! If they release darker shade copper that would be pretty sick too.

6. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I've had a 5S and a 6S, skipping number cycles and staying on S.

So I've personally had a Space Grey 5S, then a Space Grey watch that is more pleasing but doesn't match the phone and then a 6S that's even further away from what I wanted.

At least now with the 8+, both faces are black so I'm at a happy compromise.

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I was thinking the same thing. The only real black we had are the old 3 series, 4 series, iPhone 5 (not the s), and the jet black iPhone 7 series.

8. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Matte Black was probably one of the coolest colors they've done since the black iPhone 5. It's really the only thing that I regret about not getting the 7 Plus :p

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I collect the S series too. The reason I bought the 8 is because it is technically the 7s version.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---
    Didn't like the Matt black... I had jet black.

10. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

The reason I went for the 8 is because I can't justify nearly £80 a month for an iPhone X :(:( but yes, I agree that it is essentially a disappointing S model.

11. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Lol.. the X is pricey but the 8 series is not by any means a "disappointing" model. The updates really is a great upgrade for a technically S series upgrade.

12. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

There are some nice features. The dual camera, wireless charging and increased power will be welcome. Honestly, if I hadn't filled my 128GB with music and then broken my headphone jack I might not have bothered.

13. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

i think the best feature for me is the A11 Bionic and the pure aesthetic of the glass back. i Love the glass back, such a throwback for the 4 series.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think the Blush gold color might be a strong possibility in 2018. Even though it did not debut alongside the silver and space gray, I still think it's a possibility next year, nonetheless, we will see A refreshed color probably late spring.

15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

So that means there will always be a refreshed new color midway thru the cycle just like product red was. Hmmm I wonder if there would be a product red X with a black front. Since the X have black front. That would be be hot.

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's hard to say if they will introduce a new color in between the iPhone cycle, but I think it's a good idea to do that, as it continues to keep the colors expansive and draws an attraction. Sometimes they make alterations to the storage tiers as well.

17. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yah That's what I meant... maybe they will introduce. The 7 was the first time they introduced a different color at the midway cycle.

18. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I was hoping there'd be an iPhone with a black front and a copper back - that would be sexy. ;) Went for a space grey iPhone 8, hope it's not actually black! Didn't like the matte black or jet black 7, too manly in my opinion. However, I've just got to have a black front iPhone, I can't stand the white front :p

19. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I was hoping for a different color too. But it seems like the new "gold" is a new shade. So I wonder if that's the blush gold they were talking about it just didn't fully develop enough to go to the X.

20. Appleaker macrumors 68020

This is the new gold ('blush gold').

I presume the reason people are questioning this is because it doesn't look like the color on the dummy model, but you must remember those are usually complete guesses based on leaked information, which would just be a name in this case. It was apparent that it was a wrong guess in that case, just as the white bezel was a wrong guess.

As for the the iPhone X, a gold could be introduced in the future and that could be different, but it would just be called 'gold'.