Do you think Photoshop (the real photoshop) can be handled on iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMattcotv, Mar 7, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

It has a dual-core CPU with 9x graphic performance compared to the A4 chip..

Why not?

As a Graphics designer, I would absolutely love a powerful mobile version of Photoshop that includes all tools that CS4 or 5 have, minus the pointless rendering effects and other things similar that are performance heavy.

Being able to open up photoshop on an ipad and correctly use it to make a custom wallpaper or little bits of images for say, your website would be amazingly productive, and there have been many times where I wanted this to happen.

2. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Do I think it can? No, not as it currently is. A cintiq would be more suitable. The biggest reason why I don't think we'll see that anytime soon is memory. There isn't enough memory on the device to do the things Photoshop does and there is no method for doing a scratch disk or virtual memory. Not to mention that every plugin would have to be built within the single app, too.

3. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

It has enough power under the hood. But the lack of a pixel-level pointer makes it a silly idea to even try. Painting programs work, because the finger is roughly the same size as brushes (zooming in and out helps compensate). But for doing pixel-level edits, your finger isn't going to cut it. It would just end up being more frustrating than anything else.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

PS for iOS, sure. The "real" PS CS5 or even PS Elements 9, no way -- for starters not enough internal RAM. Then the A5 chip is not even close to even a C2D.