Do you think Siri will come with iOS6 to the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kbutler84, Mar 8, 2012.

1. kbutler84 macrumors regular

I was honestly a bit surprised that Siri didn't make the cut for the new iPad. But who here thinks it might come later with the introduction of iOS6 and iPhone 5 (or "the new iPhone")?

Obviously the new iPad has the hardware to support it, but do you think perhaps Apple wanted to wait for iOS6 to bring it out of it's beta stage?

2. dtlee1974 macrumors regular

3. urkel macrumors 68030

The only thing preventing Siri from coming to the iPhone 3GS, 4, iPad 2 or the new iPad is Apple because they probably want to refine and test the software more before bringing it to such a huge audience. So I guess the answer is "Siri will happen when Apple wants it to".

Personally, I get annoyed by the excuse makers who shoot down its necessity with silly excuses like "it won't work if you're not online" or "why would you want to speak out text when you can type" because in the end this sort of feature restriction does fragment the iOS market. So in the end I do hope that Siri is on all iOS devices regardless of whether or not people see it's value.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

I am curious as to why they didn't include it. My guess is, they are waiting on iOS 6 this year...Siri will probably be out of Beta then.

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Could be. As of right now the Siri Beta primarily benefits mobile users because they have the tiny virtual keyboards. Once Siri expands to offer more services it becomes something the iPad can leverage a bit more IMO

Looking forward to seeing what iOS 6 offers

6. Nightprowler macrumors regular

That's a good point, it would be nice to have unification across all devices.

To the naysayers etc, it's pretty easy to say that if you don't want to use the feature just turn it off, or don't use it, and if it needs to be online, but no connection is available, well it's pretty easy to inform about that too. No reason not to have it on all devices really.