Do you think the 3G iPod touch will have better specs than the iPhone 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wordoflife, Jul 28, 2009.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What do you think?

I think the processor is going to be higher than the 3G S but have the same amount of RAM.

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

maybe, the iphone does have a "underclocked" processor so maybe apple will clock it to max for the touch as it doesn't generate as much heat as the iphone.

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

It would still get really hot. They couldn't leave the back of the 'touch metal, either. That would burn people. :rolleyes:

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

they could leave it metal, as the ipod touch doesn't have any cellular radios but it might have A-GPs so maybe changing the back or making the touch a little thicker might be in order.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, the iPod touch 3G will have have free 3G service, 10 megapixel camera, HD video recording, compass, GPS, laser pointer, pico projector, and more!

-sarcasm-

No it won't because then it would make people buy that instead of an iPhone 3GS.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

But in the past the iPods released after the iPhones did have a higher clockspeed.

So OP; yes. I do think the next iPods will be faster. Just like they were before, and just like how the 3GS is faster than current iPods.

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

naw,

the ipod touch 3G will most likely have this capabilities that are similar to the iphone 3G S
    - 3 MP camera
    -possible GPS
    - a new 64 GB ipod
    -faster processor
    -it will get fatter!

however it won't have in my opinion

- video recording, duh?
    - no 3G (i don't know why people are so dumb, to say an ipod can have 3G, ITS A IPOD NOT A PHONE!)

OVERALL, the iphone 3G S, is the grand daddy of them all!, the ipod touch 3G will nvr surpass the iphone!

:apple: ipod touch 8GB, macbook, ipod shuffle 1GB, ipod nano 1GB

8. MTI macrumors 65816

At the very least, the new Touch should have the features of the 3GS, but without the phone and gps. Otherwise, there will be some head scratching about why the new product was crippled.

The $10 camera module, with video, is a no brainer and likely means that the Touch will get a microphone built in. That should open the door to the voice controls supported by the new OS.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ummm 2g ipod vs 3g iphone

yeaaaa:rolleyes:

10. iphonefreakz macrumors member

iphonefreakz

I Gues it will be faster the the iPhone 3GS and i hope it will have a Camera in it. Please dont make the ipod thicker than it is now :)

11. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

definitely true...

It is almost like Apple always wants to add a little bump if they can. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I really have no clue, except for reviewing previous releases. I mean, if Apple came across better CPU's & GPU's (etc) in the time frame - I think they will add it to the upcoming Touch.

I just hope it is 64GB!!!...all other the 3Gs specs will be fine for me in the new Touch :D ...if they are better, that is fine by me as well. :D

...nice post OP, I think it has been on everyone's mind ;)

12. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

I'm pretty positive the new iPod Touch will be epic because we all know the regular iPods are on their way out.

I want to buy an iPod Touch because I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch back to Blackberry. I'm over the iPhone.

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Someone Respond!!!

wait, i have an ipod touch (1st generation) with the 2.2 update, (i'm too lazy to update to the 3.0 update for $10;since i'm buying the ipod touch 3G in september) does the the microphone little app in the home screen work for the ipod touch?, (makes me wonder if the 3G ipod touch will have a microphone?, then i would start to consider the video recording possible!)

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Say you're not in the market for an iPhone 3GS for whatever reason anyway (no cell service, already have a contract on some other smartphone). Then say you love the features on the iPhone that are not yet on the iPod touch. To me that says you're in the market for an updated iPod touch that does everything the iPhone does except make that call.

I'd sure go for it and I already have the 1 and 2 gens of the touch. And an iPhone as well, but have skipped the updates on that, so far. I didn't think I'd still be living in a dead zone after two more years but here we are, dead as doornails. So the more features they stick on the next iPod touch, the more likely I am to go for it.

And if they ever put a tower up around here I'd still get the next iPhone. But I wasn't holding my breath BEFORE the economy tanked, so really any kind of cellphone upgrade is off my radar now. The ATT and VZN phones I have work ok when I actually use them, just can't get excited about a phone I can't use at home as well. When one of them breaks, I'll upgrade... meanwhile if they load up that iPod touch with anything, I'm likely to go for it.

15. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple has no incentive, they would get ripped in the press for doing something like that. I mean battery life and storage, yes; but other then that, seems illogical.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat