Do You Think The 3GS is ahead of other phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ComicStix, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ComicStix macrumors member

Even thought the 3GS is a generation old, do you think it's better than most of the phones currently on the market?

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

The 3Gs is better than 80% of the phones out in the market.
    I love my 3Gs, it feels way much better in your hand than the iPhone 4 IMO.

3. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I never had a 3GS. Currently I have a 4. But I used the 3G for 2 years, and I would rather use a 3GS then any phone on the market (except the iPhone 4 of course). I just love iPhones and when I was without one for over a month for the first time in 3 years, I was lost. I had a nice blackberry, but it was awful.

I had accidentally water damaged my 3G, luckily it was just a month before the iPhone 4 launch. But yes, the 3GS is easily one of the top phones on the market still.

4. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

Yeah, I loved my 3GS. I wasn't even planning on upgrading to a 4, it was more of a spontaneous type of thing. I'm glad I did though.

UI wise, iOS is at the top, but that's just me. I'd take the 3GS over any other phone, besides the 4, right now but that's just because I've grown attached to iOS.

Spec wise, the 3GS is pretty crappy, that is compared to is comparators that were out two months ago before the 4 was released.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the 3GS with iOS 4 is a great phone. I'd take it over any phone except iphone 4. Specs don't really mean anything - the question is how the phone runs, and the 3GS with iOS 4 runs really well.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Compared to some of the other phones that are out there, yes it is. However, the the iPhone 4 is currently the best phone out there now, IMHO. I still like my 3GS, but now that I got a good working iP4, I can't see myself going back to the 3GS, unless something happens….

7. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

Knock on wood!

8. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It might be not the best, but one of the very few that top the list.

In terms of reception and durability, it certainly beats the iPhone 4.

The best smartphone on the market to me would have the resolution of the iPhone 4 with a similar design (without the stupid antenna issue and the fragile glass), it would have a larger screen like some of the HTCs and it would be open for all sorts of third party apps without the need for jailbreaking. It would also help if people did not make fun of it and if the phone would be marketed without annoying gimmicks.

But you can't have everything...