Do you think the 5s will have a radically different design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Sep 18, 2012.

1. donster28, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

donster28 macrumors 65816

I'm a skipper! I mean, I've been skipping out on 's' iPhones due to damn 3-year contracts here in the Great White North. Besides, the additional features on the 's' phones for me are minor, and it's easier for me to decide to wait.

Since the iPhone 5 is not that great of a departure from the 4s in terms of shell design, do you think Apple is changing up the pattern and will come up with a totally new design next? If they are, it will be a difficult decission for us 's' skippers.

What's your take, will you bite the bullet next?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If it's considered a 5S then it's not even close to likely to change.

3. dkersten macrumors 6502a

No, or else it won't be called the 5S. I think the better question is whether the next generation iPhone will have a radically different design. And while I don't have an answer for that, I really think iOS needs a radically different design instead of the hardware.

I realize, unfortunately, that that wish will most likely never become true. Oh well

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I would be really surprised if the next iPhone was a design change. I'm pretty certain it'll be the same.

5. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

Not if the next iPhone is called the "iPhone 5S". At least that's what history has thought us.

However, it's completely possible that they stop the 'S' nonsense and do in fact introduce a new design. The screen probably wouldn't change though. Even if it changed, I don't have the kind of money to buy a new phone every year so I'd skip it.

6. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

'The Next iPhone' is a better term indeed, although my question remains the same. Thanks.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Compare the prior Xs models to the X models. Notice a pattern?

8. Helixc0de macrumors regular

If there is a next iPhone...but that's a different debate for a different day. Let's just worry about the iPhone 5. I mean come on it hasn't even been released yet.

9. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

What about iphone 6 is going be a 6S as well?:rolleyes:

10. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I think it's a bit too early to even think about the next one

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

If the next iPhone is a 5S it will carry the same design. If they stop doing the S model (doubt it) then it will get a redesign. It seems Apple likes staying with 2 years on each body style.

12. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Please read my OP carefully...I am aware of the pattern but am citing a possible break on it.

13. THEAnonymous macrumors member

Absolutely not.
    Considering the technical challenges Apple must have had in order to produce this new iPhone (compared to the 4/4s), there's no way they would ditch this design after a year.

14. Helixc0de macrumors regular

It's possible I guess. I mean we can only tell my past patterns, Apple is unique so it's extreme likely they could break the pattern. I know one of the iPhones will change the phone market as much as it did in 2007. Most Smartphones now are based solely off the iPhone.

15. nostresshere macrumors 68030

999999.99999% the design will be the same, assuming there is even a 5S