Do you think the front glass on the iPhone 4 scratches easier than 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elwood2, Jun 29, 2010.

?

Do you think the iPhone 4 scratches easier than the 3GS?

1. Easier to scratch than the 3GS

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. More resistant to scratches than 3GS

24 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Same as 3GS

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. elwood2 macrumors member

My iPhone 4 is scheduled to be delivered on July 2. There is one reported problem that is making me think about either selling it or just returning it and that's people reporting that it's easy to scratch.

Some say easier to scratch than the 3GS which should have the same oleophobic coating.

What do you think?

I'll be using a case that protects the back so I won't have to worry about the back getting scratches or signal issues.

My 1 year old 3GS' screen is in pristine condition even under strong direct sunlight. I've never had a screen protector on it nor do I plan on using one on the new one.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I've gone since Thursday without a case or screen protector and I don't plan on getting any. I may get a bumper today to see if that fixes my antenna problem but that's about it.

My 3GS has been in case to this day with a screen protector on it since day one. I take it out of the case occasionally and it still doesn't have a scratch on it except for on the chrome.

3. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I got a Wrapsol screen because I don't want to scratch it up. It is too beautiful.

I just hope that the screen protector is truly invisible and doesn't get in the way. I can't imagine it hurting much. It is better than babying the phone then getting upset when there is a minor scratch on it.

Plus it will help with resale value and help me get a free iPhone 5 when I sell my like new iPhone 4 on eBay.

4. elwood2 thread starter macrumors member

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I voted more resistant because I've been using it practically non stop since I got it last Wednesday and taken it in and out of my pocket and not a scratch on the back or anything. The back of the 3GS cracked/scratched VERY easily.

6. elwood2 thread starter macrumors member

Changed the topic to reflect that I'm really only interested in the front glass since I'll be using a case.

Can you edit a poll? I'd like to change it there also.

7. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I have a couple of small scratches on my screen.

But I think it's the oleophobic coating that's scratched, and not the actual glass. It would be impossible to scratch this thing with how much I've babied this thing.

I had the 3G and after 1 1/2 years I saw a scratch, I could also see it when the screen was turned on.

With the iP4 I can only see the scratches in direct light.

So it's hard to say this early in the game.....

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It may be easy to crack, but it's not easy to scratch. I've been using mine without any protection for the past 6 days, and i've YET to see a scratch on it. That's impressive to me, because my 3GS got scratches the first day.

9. Joebu33 macrumors newbie

I don't know about the 3GS, but I had a 3G prior to my 4, and my 4 is already showing light surface scratches, and I have no idea what they could even be from.