Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I know a lot of articles stated Apple is working on "2 iPhones", one for GSM and one for CDMA.

Do you think the phones will be identical with the exception of what network they work on? Or do you think the GSM and CDMA versions will have different designs and specs?

I'm thinking there could be slight differences in the design, but I can't see Apple giving one carrier a 'better' iPhone than another. That could anger a lot of people.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
possibly Obviously there will be diffrence on 3G like cant talk surf web etc. unless the LTE changes that. battery life may also be greater or worse too it all depends on what happens with the 4Gen specs it self.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
well it could easily be Apple does what RIM does for the Storm. It includes both chips and can take a sim card.

Apple could very well just simple sell the phones so it would work on all networks world wide. CDMA or GSM

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
No, because there won't be a CDMA iPhone.

do you have any proof saying its not acording to WSJ they say yes there is a Verizon phone coming. before you saying its just a rumor and all WSJ has predicted allot of apple rumors

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
There wasn't a performance or feature difference between the GSM and CDMA versions of Motorola RAZRs....likely the same situation will be true for AT&T vs Verizon iPhones.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
the WSJ has no evidence at all. As John Gruber said, "Keep in mind there’s a big difference between 'is' and 'appears to be.' And they have no actual details of the next-generation iPhone. Nothing."

As far as I can tell, the WSJ simply made this up out of thin air.

serega

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Seattle
The news are just repeating the rumor, its not a fact at the moment untill its official.
Just like the rumors and news about the iPad confirmed to be on Verizon.

Agree, my wishful thinking. My 2 year contract with verizone done but I don't like android still...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.