Do you think the new "App store" will come out on the 11th or later.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Jun 29, 2008.

?

App store to come out on the 11th or later?

1. On the 11th with the new iPhone.

42 vote(s)
    97.7%
  2. Around octember or december with new storge.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. linden macrumors regular

linden

I think that it will come on the 11 with the new iPhone. But i also have herd rumors about it comming out around October or December with the mabey a new storge upgrade.

2. scott:mac macrumors regular

I hope it does, i cant wait for my new iphone!! So excited.

Looks great.

It will probably all launch simultaneously.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

The feeling that I got from the keynote at WWSC was that it will be releases at the same time as the 3G iPhone and the 2.0 firmware update => July 11th.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

it will come on the 11th but dont expect too many apps. They will come later.

5. scott:mac macrumors regular

Also .. Expect bugs a lot of bugs - Nothing perfect without having problems first....

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I apologize, I'm not usually a mean poster, but threads like this are starting to piss me off to the extreme! There have been many, MANY threads that have confirmed a July 11th release. It's been said by Steve himself "early July." Why the hell would they delay an App Store release till September for the touch and release it now for iPhone/ iPhone 3G, it would DEMOLISH sales! If you actually took the time to search or read other threads on the front page before posting, you'd notice this:

A few days ago, Apple changed the press release of the iPhone 3G to incorporate this piece of text:

"iPhone 2.0 software will be available on July 11 as a free software update via iTunes® 7.7 or later for all iPhone customers." Yes, that goes for the iPod touch as well, as it has been said by Jobs, this is all launching at once, whether you like it or not. It's been said many times by Apple execs that there's two parts to the App Store, and they're obviously all launching at the same time. JULY 11TH~ $9.95 for iPod touch users BTW.

As a side note: To the poster who said the release would be buggy, even the early beta builds of 2.0 were pretty stable. The latest releases have been rock solid, and we're not even at GM yet.

7. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

8. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Woah, is July 11th seriously Free Slurpee Day? That would be so ill.

Edit: Just a reminder to all: July 11th is once again Slurpee day - a wonderful day to celebrate the creation of the Slurpee. This year, as in the years before, 7-Eleven stores will be handing out 1000 free 7.11oz Slurpees from 7am until 11pm (or until supplies last). Yay! Free Slurpee!!!!

Sweet. So every July 11th they give out free Slurpees? :D Free Slurpee Day FTW

9. B. Hunter macrumors regular

OK.
    Back to the topic at hand now.
    The AppStore will launch on July 11th. Part of me hopes earlier.
    Prediction:
    Its not known how many categories there will be. Like productivity, health & fitness, games etc. I think we will see up to 10 apps for each category released on opening day. with new releases each week/month. Just like iTunes store.
    To make a big impression I would like to see hundreds of apps ready on opening day.

10. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Not coming earlier. "iPhone 2.0 software will be available on July 11 as a free software update via iTunes® 7.7 or later for all iPhone customers."

Something that you won't hate me for: The categories shown at Steve's March 6th preview of the App Store:
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Finance
    • Games
    • Health & Fitness
    • Lifestyle
    • Music
    There may be more categories in the final release. Edit: Also, there may have been more categories that Steve could have scrolled down to below Music, but I'm pretty sure Music was the last category on the list.

My prediction: They are going to be adding all the applications they have time to accept between now and July 11th into the App Store at launch, they want as many Apps in there as possible.

11. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

What percent do you think is going to be free apps? im going to say around 70.

12. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I can't use your poll.....since I think it's going to come out before the 11th....well, I'm hoping! :D

13. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

70% sounds perfect! :D

In fact, one the Tech blogs I visit conducted a survey at WWDC, and they asked developers what price they would place their App at. Guess how many % of developers said free? 70%. :) Although lot's of the company-made apps will unfortunately be $5-10 (my prediction)

I really can't stress this enough. Unfortunately, it's been stated officially by Apple that 2.0 will launch on July 11th, there's really no questioning it now. "iPhone 2.0 software will be available on July 11 as a free software update via iTunes® 7.7 or later for all iPhone customers."

14. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

I wont be two upset if its only 5-10 dollers! Im just going to buy one of thous 50 doller cards and call it good. But i really wont that adventure game they show in the keystone! It seems like a really big challenge to control though!

15. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Yeah, that game looked pretty cool! I think the developer said it wasn't coming out until later in the year though :(

I'm with you on the iTunes saving though :D
    I've slowly established a $59 iTunes account balance all readied for those delicious Applications :p
    I'm looking forward to AIM, Super Monkey Ball, an app called Sketches (currently in development) Band, and others. How about you?

16. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Oh theres going to be an AIM client!? Nice! Oh yea id pay 10 dollers for super monkey balls any day! Actualy if youve jailbroken your touch, ive done it a few time but i dident like it and i restored. You get the apps Band and sketches. Sketches is a blast when you shake it all the writing goes away like the real thing! This is the first time buying somthing off iTunes so I dont no really how to make an accout. So I hope I dont have to give any of my card numbers out. I live in Canada so I dont have the paypal option like the U.S people do.

17. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Yup, AIM demoed an IM client in March, and it looks really awesome! :) Hopefully AIM will be released on July 11th. I'm pretty sure that if you go to redeem an iTunes card, it'll ask you to make an account, and it won't ask for any credit card or pay-pal or any other payment option info. God, the excitement for all these wonderful Apps is killing me! :D

18. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Booo!!!! Hiss!!!!!

Crushing a mans dreams so early on a Monday morning! Shame on you!!!

*Sulks*

;)

19. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Hey, it's not a bad as crushing childrens skulls. *emerges from the darkness with a devilish smile*

Sorry, that'll probably get me banned. But seriously, I want it just as much as you, that June 27th rumor was looking pretty nice until they edited in that damn press release. :mad::apple::eek::D

20. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Ok cool! Ill give it a try.

21. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Well I got a 50 doller card and im all set!

22. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Aye...there's also a check box with 'none' in it and it's possible to create an account without any payment details whatsoever by getting a code for a free download of various websites....like this one....

http://allhiphop.com/promo/bmm/

...but I think it's the last day today that this particular site is doing this!