All iPads Do you think the new iPads will resemble the look of the new iPhones

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mashinhead, Oct 5, 2014.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68030

I like the wrap around glass of the new iPhones and the loss of the chamfered edge on the front. I wonder if the new iPads will adopt this look. I know its not likely this time around. But most likely it will adopt the look next year. I just hate that the ID of the two items aren't in sync. I don't like the fact the iPad is always behind the iPhone for features and looks you know its going to eventually get.

I didn't buy one last year because they omitted the Touch ID.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Well they're surely getting the TouchID this year. As far as looks, if it doesn't look like my 6+ it's not the end of the world.

3. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Yes. There are some pictures on Mac rumors of the new chassis.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

I hope so

I definitely like the form factor on the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Since I'm still under contract (one more year to go) I wasn't able to get one this year. I'd be thrilled to see a new iPad with the same physical look of the new iPhones. Throw in a larger screen and I'm in :)

5. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

I think it's a foregone conclusion the iPad design is evolving after all the promotion they did over the 6 and 6 Plus design with curved glass, rounded edges, etc. I figure it'll fall between the current Air design and the 6/6 Plus design.

6. bobright macrumors 601

Link?