Do you think this is a problem worth to go for replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Dec 11, 2011.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

My camera on my 4S has very tiny small stuck pixel on the sensor. It is visible only on dark photos and the place where it appears is not the worst possible.
    I am sure it is not a screen fault as long as I can see it only when turn my camera on and on some of my dark photos. Here is how it looks like:

[​IMG]

Do you think I should go for replacement as long as this is the only issue I have with my phone? What is your advise?

2. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

It depends on how much it would bother you. If it really does, I would goto the Apple store and show them the photo. Keep in mind that they will give you a refurb and not a new one.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

On iPhones 1 dead pixel is enough for a replacement. If it really bothers you then get it replaced but you might get a replacement that might have bigger issues.

4. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I am scared of taking something much worse. This one is my 12 replacement and it is a new (not refurb) with very great white hue, the most even screen illumination without darker areas and visible leds on top and great battery life. This pixel is the only issue..

5. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

12 replacements? How bad are your issues?

Did you exchange them at the Apple store and asked if the replacement is a new or refurb?

6. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was under my 14 days return period, my current phone is also under this period. I was offered in only 3 replacemts from black boxes, but refused to take them and went for a new ones every time.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You do realize that most "refurb" 4S phones phone are actually brand new phones in refurb boxes. Where on earth are they going to get enough refurb phones to stock all of their stores so quickly? Answer: they are not.

A more important question for you is, why on earth have you replaced your phone 12 times?

8. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

May be because every one of them had different issues..;)
    Or you think I am just enjoying to go to Apple Store every day for replacement just for fun..

9. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lol wow

10. walie macrumors 6502a

everyone needs attention

i would love to know what the apple employees say about you behind your back, because they definitely do.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

No, I didn't think you were going for fun. Thanks for the smarmy comment though...

If they legitimately have issues, you must be the unluckiest person on earth. I thought I had it bad when I returned 3 iPhone 3GS for having dead pixels (they looked like sparkles scattered across the screen, this wasn't a case with just one pixels), but this was also a known issue at the time. What problems were you actually having with the phone? 100% failure rate in that many phones is pretty bad.

12. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even the employees there were very frustrated about all the issues my replacements had. One of the geniuses went further and said that this time there is bigger lag of quality control than ever before.
    Several phones I took had terrible noise in the earpiece during conversations, some of them came with terrible uneven backlighting, one of them had bite marks all over the metal frame, one refused activation with three different sim cards and so on and so on..
    Don't wish this luck to anybody what I had to go through..

13. Sackvillenb macrumors 6502a

Sackvillenb

The replacements iPhones are not truly "refurbs" in the usual sense. Indeed, most are actually new (especially for the 4S). No, they don't come in a fancy new box. but they are all thoroughly tested, and importantly, they have the same warranty coverage as your original phone. When you buy a normal refurbished product from a store, they have very short warranties. Apple refurbished products form the online store have full warranties. And, they replacement phone are NOT refurbished the way the online store products are, because they are "service parts", and they are thoroughly tested. Just saying, to clarify a bit.

14. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

does the pixel turn on and off? my camera has those little dots around it but they move and turn on and off

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Then I would leave well enough alone. ;)

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

13th is a charm. That 1 pixel would bother me.

17. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

The OP returned 11 iPhone 4s within a 14 day time period. I am sure that those will end up as refurbs.

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Bite marks? I see it's pointless to comment further.

----------

Yes, keyword in the statement was "most".

I too, do not understand people's aversion to a refurb. As was mentioned, they are covered under the same Apple warranty that a new product is. Also, and this is the important part, many times the refurbs have been scrutenized much more strictly than those coming directly off the assembly line. So... they are less likely to cause problems for you when you take them homw.

19. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Great, because of this thread I noticed a little green stuck pixel on my screen

20. miragebg, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes it does actually.

Nope, every time I returned the phone, I bought a next one again and extended my return period. Now I have return period till 23th of December.

Yes, like bite marks. You know what a scratch means. The same, but deeper and more visible.

Don't worry. You won't notice this under normal use and it is invisible in most of the time.

Are you joking or you have an OCD like most of us here?

21. McFly682 macrumors newbie

Seriously? 1 dead pixel? I can understand problems that cause you to return your phone, but maybe after the 12th return you might visit the idea that the time has come to return to the Land of Perfect from whence you came. Obviously, humans and their inability to consistently achieve perfection is not for you.

If you put a microscope on ANYTHING made by humans, you will find at least one flaw.

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I've never had direct experience with refurbished Apple products. All my gadgets from them have been outstanding. But with Sony, for example, their refurbished items don't feel like the original. Meaning, a laptop and camera, I returned under warranty, was replaced with a refurbished exact model, and the casings felt odd and different. It wasn't as smooth in touch as the one I sent.

Perhaps, people have had experiences, like this, where refurbished items just don't feel the same, so they probably felt they weren't the same.

After this thread, I don't even want to search for dead pixels on my 4S.

23. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

So generally you think replacement for this issue is not worthing?
    Would you do it if you were on my place?

24. walie macrumors 6502a

tell that to the two refurbished iPhones i got in an exchange, One had a horrible home button that didn't work, the other's Wifi was so crappy that it couldn't even detect the apple WiFi network, while in the Apple store