Do you think Trump will make it through a full term?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CE3, Jan 29, 2017.

1. CE3 macrumors 6502a

I'm already starting to wonder. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if the rest of the year is like the first 10 days, I think the case for impeachment is going to get loud and serious. Not that Pence is a much better option.

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I doubt he will be impeached. I think he'll quit after he realizes how hard the actual job is. He'll blame it on the unfair media, say he never wanted to be president anyway, and that he made tons of money from his short stint so it worked out well.

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He will definitely serve the 4 years but I don't think he will run in the next election.

4. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I think the question is exactly how active he intends to become. We've had plenty of presidents in the past who were content to just sit back and allow events to pass them by, and thereby serve out their term without their own personality faults causing someone to boot them.

But yeah, if this man intends to carry out the fact-free, alternative-universe policies that he mainly seems to find on Fox News, my guess is it'll be up to the American people to decide; either his brown-shirts will rise up and conquer the nation for him, making him our first American emperor; or yeah, he's going to get the boot.

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Impeached? Not a chance.

Run again! Absolutely.

6. RedOrchestra Suspended

The American people gave 43 two terms, never say never.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Yeah, I don't think he will be impeached but I have a feeling he won't run again.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well he is almost done with all the stuff he said he would do time to bankrupt the country and move on.

9. zin macrumors 6502

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Don't forget, fellow liberals, impeachment is only for blowjobs, not for **** grabbing or mass country screwing.

Seriously though, sure it's possible he won't make it four years. We're in uncharted territory now.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't see him getting impeached. But I think there is a good chance that he may not run for reelection.

12. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Are you kidding? He still has to replace Scalia, the the middle class tax relief act, end offshoring act, American energy and infrastructure act, school choice and education opportunity act, actually repeal and replace the ACA, end immigration act (which included the wall), restoring community safety act, restoring national security act, and the clean up corruption in Washington act. Some of this is started but not completed.

If he does all this and wants to run again. He will win.

13. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Probably not. Between the Media, Extreme Left, and his own party questioning his moral decisions, he would likely just give up and claim that he never wanted the job

14. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

He's probably hoping that the collateral effects of his nonsensical populist policies will take longer than four years to show, and that the task of cleaning up his mess will fall on someone else.

On the other hand if it is true that Russia had footage of him engaging in watersports they will make him run again.

15. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Wait...Russia has footage of him engaging in watersports? I'd pay to see that! Spill the beans, Putin!

16. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm liking this Trump guy. He's in office and moving toward making substantive changes and making people to start doing their job. Funny how uncomfortable people get when they're actually asked to produce results.

I guess instead we could go back to Presidents and Congress who after being election disappear for weeks and months and glacial movement.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh yes. It's always better to just riush into things - like repealing the ACA without a great back up plan. Put a ban in effect while people are mid-air. You don't have to be glacial... but you also don't have to go off half-cocked either.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sounds familiar.

[​IMG]

19. CE3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually don't think most people are uncomfortable with radical change in Washington. People from all sides have been unhappy with the system for years, and the popularity of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump's campaigns are proof of this. But at least half or more than half of the country doesn't want this kind of change at all.

20. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Well that was going to happen no matter who won the election.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well another week then of ill planned EO's

22. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

You can make radical change in a gradual manner, allowing the population to acclimate to its effects. Or you can just dump EOs out that instantly upend people's lives, creating chaos and mayhem. I suspect that the former has a much greater chance of creating a lasting effect than the latter; angry people tend to overturn the actions that made them angry.

23. CE3, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017

CE3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

One of many big differences between Sanders and Trump, though, is that one was a uniter and the other is a divider.