Do you think we will have an iPhone update tomorrow with the release of Leopard?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marcjcd, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Marcjcd macrumors member

Its been a month since the dreaded 1.1.1, do you think were going to see something new (update, security or otherwise) with the release of Leopard?

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

there have been several thread with this question. I think I even made one myself. Seems to be a popular topic. I don't think we're going to see anything other than what is already advertised.....

Notes sync....To Do's...

iPhone will probably earn features etc with an iTunes update not a Leopard udpate

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

At one time I thought we might see an update around the time of Leopard, but now I'm less optimistic.

I think we'll see one in the next several weeks (anyone could say that), but one to coincide with Leopard, probably not.

4. iguanarama macrumors member

++

We covered this (fanciful idea) just a few threads ago. It's even on the same page as I write this.

5. sananda macrumors 68020

i think there'll be an update before they go on sale in the uk and germany.

6. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Wouldnt it be nice if this possible update allowed 3rd party apps since they have announced the sdk? I doubt it, but it would be great.

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

According to Arstechnica Note's Sync is out....

8. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I think Notes and ToDo's will only be visible and not editable in the iPhone Mail application for those that have IMAP accounts and that is why Apple took the reference out of the Leopard page... and why Google just added IMAP support JMO

See: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/apple-answers-leopard-questions-311345.php

9. earthsick macrumors regular

It amuses me that people keep asking this question but they do not stop to think about how long it took to get new features and when we finally did it was just a double click home button and the iTunes WIFI store. Now think about it...that was only a few weeks ago and it took like 2 months to get that much. So now that 10.5 is released you really think Apple is going to magically unload a hoard of new features? No...not gonna happen.

10. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Wait wait wait ... are you serious? .... let me see if I can find an appropriate reaction to this news......

[​IMG]

http://upc.*************/uploads/smilies/cry-1.gif

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Note sync may simply be out until they add the feature in with an iphone update later.

12. Marcjcd thread starter macrumors member

Maybe you need to READ before you answer because then you might look somewhat educated. The question was NOT if Apple was going to "magically unload" anything and no where did the question imply that Apple could be pushing something major, but if there would be an update and possibly a security update.

What amuses me is morons like yourself... so quick to jump down someone's throat on here but so slow to actually read what was written.

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    My first guess would be that they'll only allow third party apps to be downloaded from their servers. Even free ones. That way they can say they've been checked for viruses and so forth.

Hackers will, of course, find a way around that :rolleyes: