Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teeteetee, Aug 4, 2012.
Do you think we will see 13" retina macbook pro by the end of this year?
doubt so... they are working on other products currently...
probably early 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter next year...
Probably before year-end.
If there is a 13" rMBP coming, what do you think the base price will be? I'm guessing $1599.
As much as I'd like to believe the rumor sites, and despite how dead on they've seemed to be lately, I wonder if Apple would have put in all the work updating the 13" if they knew they were going to introduce a retina model a mere four months later.
Then again, they may do like they did the 15" model, and release them side by side.
A good way to figure out a price would be to configure a 13" current model with 8 gigs and a 256gb ssd and deduct $100 or $200 from that, as they did with the 15".* By that reasoning, the price would be $1600 to $1700.
*So that way, they and all the reviewers can say, "Hey, it's pricey, but it's still cheaper than a similarly spec'ed classic model!"
I don't think much work went into this years cMBP upgrade. It mostly looked like an upgrade of the processors.
I think we will see a 13" rMBP. It'll probably be in the 1600 range. They won't want to make it more expensive than 1700 since they need a good gap in between the 13 and 15 rMBP. Making it 1800 is only $400 gap, $300 with the education discount.
With discreet GPU I doubt it. Using 650 m on 13 inch will generate a lot of heat. So if ever they manage to do a switching GPU on 13 inch rMBP then it is possible.
Apple likes to refresh lines incrementally. They already refreshed the macbook line. We should see an iPhone refresh this fall, then iPad in spring, then Macbook next summer.
They should rename the MBA to MB and significantly upgrade the 13" so the Pro line can really be called Pro.
If a 13" Retina were to come into fruition this year, do you think they would finally quad core??
Looks most likely to me! What I've learned from Apple is they are in no rush at all, they know their customers will wait. Even with fixes for iOS/OSX they just take their time. Remember the Mission Control/Expose thing? Even 10.7.4 didn't "fix" that and they keep it for ML so you all can say "Ahhh its new feature...". But I get used to it and I just like Apple products for my work and daily tasks.
I hope so! Rumors point it it coming, so Hopefully at the same time (or close) to the iPhone 5 launch.
I say no. Apple will hold off on this as long as it can while SSD prices drop. The sticker shock alone will make it out of reach for too many.