Do you think we'll see new 13/15/17" MBP's for sale in January?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Dec 20, 2009.

?

Do you think we'll see new 13/15/17" MBP's for sale in January?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    60.6%
  1. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes.....wait..... no......wait...... yes......wait......

For sale.....maybe. Announced.....probably.

2. fox777 macrumors regular

fox777

They will come out in late February

3. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Oh, really? Wow! I didn't know we had a physic/Apple employee who would know/Steve Jobs on the forum who knew when the new Macbook Pro's were coming out and could say it with such confidence. As you clearly know everything, does my girlfriend really love me? Or, when will the Singularity be? And what is the World solution to Global Warming?

Thank you physic/Apple employee/Steve Jobs for coming on this humble forum and answering our questions!

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Maybe, maybe not ;)

Seriously do we need another thread asking if apple will release an update - even if its a poll.

Just read through the gazillion of threads already asking this and you'll see no body knows.

5. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I read somewhere that the 13" isn't really even a Pro, so I think you're title is wrong. Regardless, I think it depends on when we'll see the next "big" refresh. (All that comes to mind is Light Peak because I don't keep up to date on processor news). If they plan on putting those out in Aug/Sep then I bet it's safe to assume we'll see some kind of speed bump in Jan/Feb. If they're introducing Light Peak/significant refresh of the MBP line in Mar/Apr then I would think it would be less likely to see a bump.
    Not considering any of that and just making assumptions based on my guy feeling - we'll see speed bumps in Jan/Feb.

6. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

What? Of course it is. It says on the machine.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You didn't read that from apple
    [​IMG]

Clearly the 13" is a pro machine. :rolleyes:

8. gilljoy macrumors member

i definately think we'll see a spec increase atleast for the 13" MBP as price wise it isnt much better than the 13" mac book its got worse specs tbh.

In the uk its cheaper to buy a 13" unibody macbook with the same specs as the low end MBP but it has a larger hard drive.

So to buy a lowend 13" MBP its more expensice than a MB and has a lower size hardrive

9. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

My 13" macbook is more pro than the low end macbook pro.

10. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I voted no for January but if you had said February I would have voted yes. You asked us for an opinion. It's going to happen either Jan, Feb, or Mar... Apple's historical mbp release dates confirms this. It's about 8 months on average between mbp updates and the last one was in June 09. Couple that with Intel releasing new mobile chips at CES in January its a near certainty that new mbp's are in the pipeline.

Given the recent reported problems with the new iMacs you have to ask yourself... do you buy a new rev A upcoming mbp right out of the chute or do you wait to see how the early adopters fare? That I think is the real question.

11. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. I own the June 09 13" MBP and I absolutely love it. It is a swell machine. The nay sayers need to remember that all laptops are compromises between size, weight, and features.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While I may be a 15" MBP owner, the 13" looks to be an awesome machine. I think most of the stink about pro/non-pro comes from arrogant or elitist owners who got their nose out of joint because the 13" model started sporting the pro name.

To me its a tool and I don't care what its called as long as it does what I need it to do.

13. Surely Guest

Surely

Perhaps they are forgetting the beloved 12.1" Powerbook.......

14. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

This. No one knows exactly when they are coming.

15. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I forgot the /sarcasm tag, and perhaps a link to some comments on other threads about 15" vs 13"... but definitely sarcastic, sorry haha

16. AlexPaphitis macrumors newbie

I Hope Not Or Me = Peeeeeed Off

Well I Just Got A New MBP For £1849 So I Will Be Friggin Peeeeed Off If I See New Ones :mad:

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Why? Will new ones somehow make your MBP less awesome?

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Possibly.

Possibly not.

If the latest bit of news about Apple saying "No" to Arrandale

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/12/07...rket or otherwise... better than the Atom...