Do you think your local Apple stores are the toughest to do product exchanges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macbie, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Macbie macrumors member

What I mean is that I live in AZ and today I went to the Arrowhead store to let the genius guy to take a look at the yellowish screen that my iPhone4 have. Not only did he said he didn't see the yellowish color I was talking about, which is bs but later he said he saw it just because I put that thought into his mind like I know mind control or something. He told me Apple has an internal memo that said those screens affected by the yellowis color will go away after 2weeks of use. I never thought about going to exchange it today anyway because I am afraid I might exchange a problem with another. But I think even if he does see the yellow tint I doubt he's willing to exchange another one for me anyway. I checked the phones in the store and every single one are seem to be perfect with no bad pixels at all lol.

Then after I was in the sun for few minutes and I guess the phone became alittle hot, the area with the yellow band suddenly become very visible to the naked eyes.

I bought the phone at the Biltmore store but after play with it for 4 days I noticed there was this bad black pixel right at the center of the screen and I took it back last Thursday for exchange and this guy again almost didn't want to exchange for me because my phone only has 1 bad pixel although it actually has 2 but according to Apple's policy its nothing compared to if I have 2 or 3 bad ones around the same area. But he eventually did the exchange and that's the one I am using now.

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Every time I've needed to exchange my iPhones it's been very easy.

3. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Apparently one at fashion island in Newport Beach will replace your phone even if you don't ask for it. Everyone there is so rich I don't think they really care.

4. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Agreed. Never had a problem. Guess it depends on the store.