Do you use a case to protect your iPhone or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Nov 13, 2011.

?

What kind of protection do you use on your iPhone?

1. Naked, no invisible shield or case. Just like SJ intended.

31 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No case - Invisible screen protector only.

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Use a Case (with or without invisible screen protector)

56 vote(s)
    54.9%
  1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Looking to get a feel for how many people protect their iPhone with invisible shields, cases and such.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This Topic

Has been done to death here, but for what it's worth.....At home naked on a stand, out and about, full Otterbox Defender.

3. NJFP macrumors 6502

Linier case, actually it's a back cover and around the edge. Slim and compact. No screen cover.

4. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Bumper only

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

No case . Just front and back film protectors. Skin for the antenna band.

6. klo-mac macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

None.

I don't prefer to hide what iPhone quality did for us.

7. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Bumper when outside, naked when in house

Sgp crystal front & back

8. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I voted no case, but with invisible shield, but thats just because I haven't found a case I like yet.

I did plan on going naked with just an IS type protector, until my phone literally jumped out of my pocket last week and landed on the pavement.

Have a new phone now, and while I hate to hide it under a case Id hate even more for it get damaged.

9. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I got my incase snap just to protect the phone from scratches and what not when I set it down. Just didn't want to be setting it down on the glass. I would like to find a nice bumper and get a matte film for the back in the near future though.

10. HockeyGuy macrumors member

I've always used it with no case and in a belt holster while out.

The wife finally got to me that I may look like a loser with my holster while out with her. So now I rotate between naked, my bumper, and my naked+bumper every now and then.

11. aham23 macrumors regular

naked. it just feels so good that way. later.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I use a battery case + screen protector. If Apple doesn't want me to use these, then perhaps they should offer AppleCare+ in the UK.... And before I get the usual 'just be careful with your phone', I use my phone in a wide variety of hostile environments (labs, mountains, near my kids, etc.) and I'm rather clumsy (as are my kids).

Indeed, I wonder why Apple doesn't offer a beefed up, watertight sports version of the iPhone with a battery that can run GPS all day....

13. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Nothing at the moment, but I'm looking to purchase a case :).

14. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Same.

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why? Polling won't determine your preference. Polling MacRumors users won't give you any statistically meaningful results other than what MacRumors users who responded to your poll preferred.

16. MacBpro macrumors member

Otterbox commuter... enough though very disappointed about the quality...

17. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Finally! Someone asked the question that everyone has had on their minds but were to afraid to ask! :D

Case here with screen protector.

18. 2IS macrumors 68030

I went without a case for the longest time but after dropping my phone with resulted in a small crack on the front and shattered rear glass, I use one on the phone that Apple store kindly offered me as a no-charge replacement.

Took me a while to find the case I want, but finally found one at case-mate.com which is one of the very few cases I've seen that I don't feel takes away from the look of the phone. Very thin, light and brushed aluminum rear. Very minimal lip so wiping the screen clean is easy.

19. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Yes I use a case but I recently bought AppleCare+ for my 4S....now I'm debating on wether to use one or not...

20. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm thrilled that Antennagate does not plague my 4S. That problem is solved. My iPhone 4S makes calls as excellent as my SGS II, I just knew Apple could do it.

Even better now I don't have to "patch it" with a bumper or case to compensate for Apples screw ups like the iPhone 4's (yes plural) of old.

I use my 4S without any bit of it covered.

The Oleophobic coating has always been very scratch resistant with just a bit of care. It's exemplary feedback is too good to deny yourself the pleasure & accuracy of using it.

The front & back glass is also very scratch resistant, just be careful. You don't have to baby it, I use mine far too much for that. Just don't skid it across a tabletop & you'll be fine. I'm very picky & have no worries about durability.

This new iPhone 4S simply doesn't need a case unless you like them.

If so as we all know there are thousands of choices.

Three Cheers for Tim Cook, he's doing an exemplary job :)

21. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Smart woman.

22. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I have mine in an extended battery case, no screen protector.

23. Montanan macrumors member

24. moogs macrumors member

Anyone think Apple will produce a phone that's designed for a case?

25. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Just a bumper and back screen protector. I did have a front protector on, but I took it off because it attracted A LOT of oil.