Do you use a case with your iPhone?

mtthwcmn1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I got a 4s and a case, but I just can't seem to keep the case on for more than a day because it covers the beauty of the iPhone. I never drop my phone because I have extreme OCD and I baby it. Do you use a case?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'll play along lol.

I use otterboxes commuter case. I'm always in or around a hectic environment. I've yet to drop my phone but as soon as I take it off I would.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Otterbox Commuter. Pretty happy with it.

I didn't buy the case to protect from each and every hairline scratch (and the metal band is already screwed up anyways on my 1 month old phone), but I got it so I don't destroy the screen on my phone. I've already dropped the thing 5-6 times and you never know, it could have cracked. I'll keep those $200 in my pocket and use a case.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
For an iPhone, it looks beautiful without a case.

I don't see what other people see in Otterboxes. I guess it's just for protection.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
Mines naked! I've used a case for all previous models, but the white iPhone for me deserves to shine lol.

Lioncrazz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
Lifeproof case on my iPhone. I now have no worries when I sweat playing basketball, bring my phone in the bathroom, by the pool, to the beach, or have it by Any liquids. It's so nice to have peace of mind.

Lugnutz

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012
I use an Incipio Offgrid. My iPhone doesn't last me through the day. The Offgrid makes the iPhone the perfect size and I can make it through the day pretty easily.

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009

notMordecai

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Texas
I use a bumper when I hit the gym, all other times I keep it naked.

The most annoying part about the bumper is that the hole for an audio jack is sometimes too small for some wires. My car audio cord, for example can't connect to the phone when the bumper is on. The rubber-y grip it has has been a lifesaver a few times though.

Mildly annoying but can come in handy when you need to set your phone down in a bumpy or sloped place.

DanBurns91

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
West Midlands, England
I don't use a case at all really, it looks a lot better without one and in 18 months, I'll have a new phone so the occasional scratch doesn't bother me (although its in perfect condition since november). The only time a case has been on my phone (bumper) is when i let the kids play on it, saves any damage from drops within the house

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I use to be a case whore, but now I've given them up for the time being. I'm waiting on my wraps from Lucky Labs to arrive this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.