Do you use an external mouse with your Powerbook/iBook?

Do you use an external mouse with your Powerbook/iBook?

• Yes

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
Y/N?

If you use a portable, do you use an external mouse? If so, which brand? Or do you just like trackpads?

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Heck yah, I almost never use the trackpad. I have two Logitech mouseman opticals. One at work, and one at home. I like that in jaguar, they added the, ignore trackpad while mouse is present feature.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
you weren't kidding! as you know i use a Contour MiniPro 2 button optical. It's tiny, matches the TiBook and comes with a nice little protective case.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
>you weren't kidding!

Heh. Well, it was just so you could get an idea of how many Mac portable owners use mice. :D

BTW, I would get one of the MacAlly mice if absolutely necessary. But I'm rather happy with the trackpad.

Happy selling. :cool:

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I have to use a mouse for my TiBook when working...cannot get enough accuracy with the trackpad to do vector/photoshop work...

Apple Pro :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
i use a mouse when not at work, but at work i have a 9x12 intuos2 tablet - which is awesome.....

nickmcghie

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
UCLA
The trackpad serves me fine, but when sitting down at a desk, I prefer a mouse. Right now I use an Apple Pro Mouse with my powerbook.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i once used a clamshell ibook with one of the internal mice n it was hard to use lol, external mouse all the way, cuz it seemed as if the mouse button was too far away or somethin

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by nickmcghie
The trackpad serves me fine, but when sitting down at a desk, I prefer a mouse. Right now I use an Apple Pro Mouse with my powerbook.
Ditto..... if I'm on a train (or anywhere else with limited table space) and I don't have any creative work to do, or I'm just programming then I can go without the mouse.... when I'm at home though, it's my WACOM that gets the use.....

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by SilvorX
i once used a clamshell ibook with one of the internal mice n it was hard to use lol, external mouse all the way, cuz it seemed as if the mouse button was too far away or somethin
yeah, my friend has one and i've used it a couple times. i go to hit the button and i end up hitting the area b/w the mousepad and button... seems just a bit too far.

i don't own a laptop, but if i did i would definitely use a mouse with it whenever possible..... especially for gaming and graphics and whatnot...

stromie952

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2002
Rochester, NY
I use my external Microsoft Trackball Explorer (sigh) because at the time when I bought it, it seemed to be the best one to fit my hand.

Although it did die once, it was replaced quickly by Microsoft.

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I have to use a mouse for my TiBook when working...cannot get enough accuracy with the trackpad to do vector/photoshop work...

Apple Pro :D
the apple pro mouse is the biggest POS around...not only 1 button (acceptable for most mac users) but it scrolls SLOWER than anything i've ever seen...its ridiculous...but hey if u like it y not...itonly requires me lifting my hand 3 times to cross my desktop

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by BongHits
the apple pro mouse is the biggest POS around...not only 1 button (acceptable for most mac users) but it scrolls SLOWER than anything i've ever seen...its ridiculous...but hey if u like it y not...itonly requires me lifting my hand 3 times to cross my desktop
You do know you can adjust the tracking speed, right? :rolleyes:

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Bought the Apple Pro mouse. Returned it and got the Macally optical scroll mouse instead. Didn't think I would use the scroll all that much. Now, I wonder how I ever lived without a scroll mouse all these years.

Inhale420

macrumors regular
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
i use a mouse when not at work, but at work i have a 9x12 intuos2 tablet - which is awesome.....

i have one too, my wrist problems virtually vanished once i got one.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
I use the trackpad with my iBook. For scrolling, I use the Griffin Technology Power Mate Volume Knob/USB Input Device. I programmed it to scroll in IE, I programmed it to do quick edits in FCP and iMovie, and I programmed it to work in a ton of other apps. Plus, it serves as a volume knob and looks really cool sitting next to my iBook! I suggest everyone check it out. They are available at the Apple Online Store.